Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris 6-5-11

Default Perris 6-5-11

First Post...Fished Perris today. Arrived at about 7:30 a.m. launched pontoon by 8:30 with wife and kids. The weather was cool and comfortable. Water was stained green, probably from the blue stoning last week. Trolled around the south side of the island...the bite was slow...managed 10 decent redears on the troll dropshotting crickets and redworms. They were metered between 12 and 15 feet. Tried a few jigs but no takers. There were a few other boats fishing in the same area clustered together and a group of kayaks nearby. Saw a few redear landed. Overall the bite was slow. No bluegills or crappie. Left at about 12:30 p.m. Lots of algae in shallow water. The bite should improve with warmer weather on the way. I'll try again this Friday. Won't forget the camera this time!

Tight Lines

Default cricket hooks?

Help!......what type of hooks are used for CRICKETS?

nice man, how big was ur biggest? once it gets hotter the bite will b on fire

Quote Originally Posted by bob sr View Post
    circle hooks bob right under there lil plate on the back

Quote Originally Posted by bob sr View Post
    I used gamkatsu circle hooks size 8...almost always hooks them in the side of the mouth...i used to use cam action hooks but the circles rarely get swallowed

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    nice man, how big was ur biggest? once it gets hotter the bite will b on fire
    I'm estimating about .75 to about 1 pound being the largest.

I'll be out there this week for some bass ....thanx for the report.

Steve the bites already on fire. I fished with ledhed and baitmaster on saturday and we caught 61 bluegill and released at least 20 that were full of eggs

Quote Originally Posted by BIG RED View Post
    Steve the bites already on fire. I fished with ledhed and baitmaster on saturday and we caught 61 bluegill and released at least 20 that were full of eggs
    Thanks for the follow up, I see a fish fry in my near furture!