Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rowing oars on tubes

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingTube View Post
    BTW there are Toons that start at $200.00 when on sale
    Yep..I got a toon now. Picked up a practically brand new Dave Scadden 10' Skykomish Sunrise pontoon yesterday for $500..loaded with everything but the motor. I'll be slapping the Humminbird 728, put a second seat for my boy in the rear plate, and a life line to haul the modified tube if the 3rd person comes along. Wife was really excited when she saw how big and pretty the pontoon was.

Hey AG I figured you might end up buying one if you found it for a good price, personally I scored mine at one of those garage sales you hear about but never get to be part of. I got my outcast and 2 cabelas sleeping bags for $200 bucks, my buddy and I came out of there with about $5000 worth of gear for $1000, that was two years ago this month.

Dang..that's some serious dough to cough out for brand new anything..$5K? Sheesh. The guy I got the toon from spent $1,500 for all this upgrades. The toon itself was $1K. Small additions added up pretty quick. He couldn't sell it in San Diego, so, he let it sat there after one trip to Neveda. 70 years of age plus toon equals sale it to someone else. He got himself a 17' aluminum instead to fish with his buddy. Toon is great to get coverage in the water. Still, nothing like sitting back in your float tube to relax like sitting in a water filled chair.

OK I worded that wrong, we came out of that yard sale with a total of 6 fly rods, a rifle rest, boots, 2 outcast pac boats, fly line, tipits, flys, 2 sleeping bags, disney pictures for his daughters and a bunch of other stuff of which I can't remember.

When we got back to his place I took one of the bladder bags which neither one of us had gone through and asked him where he wanted it. Later he opens the bag to find a brand new Outcast fish cat 4 LCS tube, a rough estimate of how much all this gear cost came out to an estimated $5000, all this gear belonged to his buddy who had died and we had gone to help the widow price the items for sale, she let my buddy have first pick of the stuff, later when she saw that we had the same friendship that her late husband and my buddy had she told me you can pick out whatever you want.

We showed her the stash of stuff and my buddy said how's $1000 sound? Don that's fine are you sure you two got all you want? Believe me there was more stuff but we thought we should let the neighbors get some of his choice equipment, she did take the fly reels off the rods from what I'm told nothing he had was cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianGuy View Post
    Yep..I got a toon now. Picked up a practically brand new Dave Scadden 10' Skykomish Sunrise pontoon yesterday for $500..loaded with everything but the motor. I'll be slapping the Humminbird 728, put a second seat for my boy in the rear plate, and a life line to haul the modified tube if the 3rd person comes along. Wife was really excited when she saw how big and pretty the pontoon was.
    Congrats, If you're anything like me you'll never go back to a float tube (unless taking a trip where space is limited). I'd like to know if it's everything most of us have said it would be.
    LW.

I would say the same thing over and over. If I pack for a trip and plenty of room, I would haul the pontoon. If room is extremely limited, I will bring my small float tube in a small duffel bag.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234