Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pudd skunked again... help!

Quote Originally Posted by lwang0202 View Post
    yea the spot i was at i kept hearing some crazy splashes where the high grass and trash is. every 10 minutes it sounded like the fish were fighting in there. i had one bite where it bent my rod like crzy twice in a row but by the time i ran to my pole the fish was gone =( ivee been to prado. i usually go at night but i only catch cat fish there. not much of a fight. its like they walk towards u when u hook one
    go fish natural raised catfish, then talk to me about they dont give a fight. LoL haha. those natural raised catfish are like pulling a bathtub from the bottom of a lake. i do agree that stocker catfish are far too easy though. haha
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyLisa View Post
    i once read that carp are very smart, they'll recognice baits and stay away but i have caught them fly fishing
    That's correct. Carp are also occasionally predatory. many an angler has been fooled into thinking he caught the park-lake bass of his lifetime, while tossing a big swimbait, only to pull in a behemoth carp, instead! The good thing about carp-fishing, is they adore people-food.

I've caught them on lunch meat, strawberries, greenbeans, and peas. Legumes are an excellent carp bait.

Catfish love them, too, especially stockers.

fish for bass like me,i seem to end up with carp on my line

Find a quiet place for the carp and fish light (4# to 6# maximum) and be patient. Sometimes it takes a while to catch 'em, but it is so totally worth it. Fantastic game fish. They get huge and they fight like the devil. I have always had good luck with sweet corn, and I have caught some pretty big ones at the Pudd.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12