Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Puddingstone topwater action

Default Puddingstone topwater action

Hey guys just wanted to see if anyone had some advice for good topwater lures to use at a lake like puddingstone, so far just got a zara spook and frog, but looking for some decent advice or tips as I'm just starting my topwater game... tried to post this in message boards but just got some dude telling me look it up on youtube uh ok ? I just wanted some feedback from good ol' humans...thanks guys !

topwater should start to get going soon with the shad moving into the shallows at dusk and staying there till early morning.so i have most of my luck right when they open and or get there about 7pm till closing.spooks work great but mix it up with buzzers and poppers.east shore is great but anywhere is good.

double bladed buzz bait for sure and rebel popper are good choices too

i have been getting hit at the pudd on all my top water small poppers, big poppers, walking baits, frogs, but not one hook up. They wont stay on my hook.

thanks for all the advice and tips guys ! I really appreciate positive feedback...I'm definitely gonna add some poppers to the mix and just keep trying. And cpt.kirk, I also got a massive head strike on a frog at dusk but she didn't Mouth it kinda just hit it. I was still awesome to see that they like my presentation.

Try LC Gunfish or a Sammie. Those are two of my favorites.
    Last edited by Cadillyak; 06-04-2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: iPad autocorrected a word

Quote Originally Posted by CPT. Kirk View Post
    i have been getting hit at the pudd on all my top water small poppers, big poppers, walking baits, frogs, but not one hook up. They wont stay on my hook.
    what are these poppers you guys are talking about? and walking baits? kinda new to fishing