Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Catfish Opener Question

Default Catfish Opener Question

Hey ya'll,
    I've done the trout fishing at Irvine for years. This year I'm going to try the catfish thing.
    I've got a question or two.

1. Do we line up in the parking lot friday night and do the "parking line party" like we do during trout season?
    2. Do we (Team 57) do a BBQ during the day, since it's fishing from 6am-midnight? That's a LONG day.
    3. What's the best size hooks, line lbs, bait presentation?

Thanks for the replies.
    See ya at the Vine!!!

chris u'll find that kitty season doesnt draw the crowds like trout season does, theres really no need to line up the nite before because most of us dont get to the lake to fish it till around 4 5 pm anyways, there are ocassions when we'll have events during the day and then fish in the evening.
    now as far as gear, if ur like me u'll fish 100lb braid with 8/0 circles but for the most part 15lb is good with either circles or reg j hooks 1/0 or 2/0 are fine

Ok, so we get there saturday afternoon and fish till midnight? Is this correct? Or are we fishing all day saturday?

Sorry, coffee hasn't got to the brain yet, and I'm a little slow. lol