Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pyramid Guide trip 6-1 Picture heavy

Default Pyramid Guide trip 6-1 Picture heavy

I figure i'll give everyone a break and just let the pictures show what kind of day we had up at Lake Pyramid.
    Fished with Don and his sone David, David is out visting from Alabama and is one heck of a good fisherman, Pops is no slouch either... Started our day throwing cranks and finished the same way, Baited up some striper Along side TO for a while, never really got it going out there in the deep water, last time I drop a anchor down in 275 ft of water....
    when in shallow and David again was on top, he wasn't buying me telling him that he had to eat the heart on his first ever striper... lol
    anyway it was a bass, and trout fest today, nice size Pyramind trout, most likely from a couple of plants ago, the females were full of eggs, I did get david to try one of those after I ate one...
    Largemouth and some small smallmouth, the Largies we pulled in would have made the top five in any of the last tournaments up there.
    anyway I'm beat, time for pics...

no trout picks,hehe. sounds like a good day. nothin better than a guide who knows what hes doing. btw what is the striper situation for castaic, does that look like itll be picking up anytime soon.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

the trout are on the cleaning station, anyways..... NICE DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i was just kidding about the trout.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

solid bass day for-sure.....were you throwing lipless cranks?

miguel

Quote Originally Posted by migfrias View Post
    solid bass day for-sure.....were you throwing lipless cranks?

miguel
    Not that day, but I had a client today who got a smallmouth on a rattle trap!
    I've been throwing lucky craft pointers 97mr in blue silver and black silver, we even got 4 stripers on them today. Pyramid is on fire right now! Excellent fishing!

Wow, great fishing report and awesome pictures! oh so the trout are on fire at pyramid sounds like a plan. What were the trout biting on if i may ask?

Quote Originally Posted by fish4life View Post
    Wow, great fishing report and awesome pictures! oh so the trout are on fire at pyramid sounds like a plan. What were the trout biting on if i may ask?
    The trout were biting the lucky crafts, I talked to a friend who said the trout that were full of eggs were possible be Kokanee , don't know if I spelled it right, but they were very fat trout with fuller fin shapes than some of the smaller trout we got that day and they were packed with eggs and very aggressive.
    Last edited by SDDave; 06-05-2011 at 11:17 AM.