Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: True Crime Adventures – Hansen Dam

If you like this thread you follow along here:

http://ninjafishclub.wordpress.com/

UPDATE

About a week after my original post I received a private message from a ninja inviting me to join him on a mission to Hansen Lake. He goes by the name “Snake” and claims to know the best spots and more importantly, how to evade “The Man”. Stay tuned for more.

Default "Snake"

So it’s 10:45 Sunday morning and Snake said he would be there at 10. I’m in the lot below the new construction site next to a guy who was working on his truck. I was considering heading out on my own when the phone rang. It was Snake. He was 2 blocks away, and now on foot. He said something about his old lady giving him a hard time about fishing and he apparently got out of the car and began walking to Hansen. When he arrived he was in full regalia. Black shirt, Camo pants, backpack and rod. He had advised me to wear the same but all I had were black shorts and shirt… good enough for now. I shook his hand and we set out towards the dam. We walked completely around the backside of the property and even climbed to the top of the dam to get around a deep river outlet area. Lot’s of rain this year. When we were at the top of the dam, Snake spotted a snake. He called it a Corn Snake. He really lives up to his name.

We eventually entered the swamp and reached the lake. It’s a giant sandy beach, truly beautiful. We were directly across from the spot I got caught at previously. We could see the lifegaurd and he could see us. He was just not motivated enough to come all the way out and get us. It was great looking at his sorry, lazy *** over there. Snake had delivered on his first claim. He said we would not be caught. But we failed on the part about not getting skunked.

I fished a drop-shot roboworm and Snake fished a shad lure as well as other top water swim baits. We saw no action. Not even a tap. I can only imagine that we were there at the wrong time. It was straight up 12 noon by the time we first cast. There are several stream inlets here that should attract fish as they deliver food to them. I think we were outdone by the time of day.

As we hiked out we discussed various US government conspiracy theories. Always good hiking conversation. I gave Snake a ride home to the valley and then picked up some nice carne asada from ROE-ZEES in Tujunga then went home and had myself a BBQ.

Written by vistacourt
    June 9, 2011 at 9:14 pm
    Posted in Ninja Fishing
    http://ninjafishclub.wordpress.com/
    Last edited by vistacourt; 06-09-2011 at 10:47 PM.

"I gave Snake a ride home to the valley and then picked up some nice carne asada from ROE-ZEES in Tujunga then went home and had myself a BBQ."

Is that what I smelled earlier? and you didn't invite! "Snake's" gonna be here at my place Sunday helping me install a ceiling fan since I just had knee surgery and can't climb a ladder maybe we should BBQ then?

Very nice guys!

That snake is called a California King snake ;)

6. Default

Great writeup!

corn or king , don't matter to me. as long as the tail ain't rattling , i'll pick it up!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12