Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Gregory over the weekend

Default Lake Gregory over the weekend

Went out to the cabin in Crestline this weekend. Planned to go to B.Bear but the weather sucked. Ended up fishing the local lake "Gregory". Cold, wet and windy both days. First day caught limit of trout in 5 hours. Bait and wait. They didn't want any type of lures. First 3 on pb. next 2 were on top. Sunday caught 2 on the top with a bober and half a worm.
    They usually don't care for that there. Nothing major, stockers. They must be stocked by someone else because I've never seen so many small stockers in there. They are usually in the 1.5 too 2 lbs range. No pics, my camera got wet and is now down due to the rain. Not a bad weekend though....

I went on Saturday and it sucked for us. My grandpa and I only 2 fish. Mine was about 2 1/2 lb and his was a small stocker. I seen a nice 3 or 4 lber washed up dead on shore though.

good job up ther. those trout dont usually want the lures for some reason, eeryone just catches on bait n wait...hey how far down was ur worm from the bobber?

good job. sounds like a good days fishing to me. i always get em on nightcrawler and powerbait, or cheese with garlic and nightcrawler.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

NIce report

we went up there on monday, no bites no nothing, pretty much the same for everyone on the south end of the lake by the baseball field

Thomas Buoyant's are the only lures that I have seen work there, otherwise it is PB. I haven't had any luck w/ NC. Gregory seems to be bait/wait only but I always try something different to see if they will go for it.

Was there on Friday and caught my limit in 5 hours the biggest one went right under 5 lbs. I seen 2 others the same size I was pretty surprised cause I usually also pull the 1 to 2 lbers there as well. I also used the wait n bait technique on garlic pb. Also Ive had plenty luck on the nc but pb does usually work best.
    Last edited by ROBMONEY1; 06-01-2011 at 03:44 PM.