Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Cerritos Park 5/28

Default Cerritos Park 5/28

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cerritos-2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	30812Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cerritos-1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	30813One of my fishing buddies from the LA area had been telling me about Cerritos for quite some time. Last Saturday I decided I would venture out of the IE and hit it up with him. Glad I did. Let me start off by saying Cerritos Park is without question the cleanest public park I've ever seen. No trash, grass is very manicured and the people (from all backgrounds) are all very friendly and respectfull.

I picked up a new Basspro Medium Lite setup the day before and wanted to test it out. I was throwing #4 Fluro and a MD roboworm drop shoted. On the 3 cast or so landed a 2.2lb bass throwing parrellell to the shoreline. She put a great fight on the light setup. Ended the day with 6 bass total. Caught another 1lb fish and the other 4 were dinks. Good times!

Oh the 3 picture is a 15-10lb carp that a guy landed while throwing a senko fishing for bass.
    mestre909
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cerritos-3.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	10.9 KB 
ID:	30814  
    Last edited by Mestre909; 05-31-2011 at 10:44 AM.

did u get the carbonlite? i luv that set up for everything...and that carp is crazy koo

Good times for sure. Good report.

Nice! Man that is definitely one clean city park. Hell, it looks cleaner than some state parks!