Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Beautiful day at Skinner Memorial day.

Default Beautiful day at Skinner Memorial day.

Started the day running into GDHKset and JAG. Jag's new boat is definately striper worthy :) . The topwater crashing action is still off for now. Just an occasional boil here and there which might have been trout or carp. Had a bud with me so I brought along some chovies just in case. By 10:00 I gave up on top water and ran into HKset who was on his way out with a limit of stripey. Soooo we follwed his lead and set up camp at the bouy line. Lots of dinks and some medium schoolies. All were down pretty deep like 50' in 70' of water.

Now with the skunk off my passenger wanted to try some LMB fishing. Drifted the north shore and were rewarded with a slew of nice bass. All on crawlers or blood colored 8" plastic worms. Always nice to send your guests home with a bag of fillets.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0530011458.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	75.9 KB 
ID:	30811  

Great seeing you out there again, I saw that the water went down a little but that did'nt stop the bite! Will post later with the stripey pics too, see you next time at Skinner-it was a definitely a beautiful day to be on the water.