Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An unorthodox first swimbait fish. The Wood, 5-29-11...

Quote Originally Posted by tacklejunkie View Post
    The ol point was trashed. We hauled out a landing net full of line and garbage. Poor place needs us around again to keep it clean. There's a whole easy up sitting back there right now with my name on it hiding in a swimbeach.
    Don't know about you guys, but I guess I'm not the flavor of choice to be around when I see anglers destroying the fishing spots with their trashes. I nearly break out into fights because I nagged them so much to clean up their messes, but they turn their butt cheeks towards me, treating me as if I was just some biiaatch (sorry for the language) as their fishing cleaning crew. I was tempted to pull out my 6" survival hunting knife to do some filleting on those cheeks. But as always, my wife, the bazooka of my arsenal, got their balls in a tight grip and made them cleaned up before I went Asian sashimi style on them.

Not looking forward to what I'm going to see when I get back there this afternoon. It wasn't too bad prior to the weekend (trash) but following Memorial day and until the end of the summer the place is going to be trashed unfortunately, then after the idiots go home they clean it up and it's decent all fall and winter, then the cycle starts over again.

I really got to put my patient pants on this time of the year, too many aholes. I'm sure I'll get some crazy tales from the Rangers this week.

I was expecting the weather. As tj knows, I've had a curse for the last few months. Every time I decide to go fishing, the weather turns to crap. Then it's hot and sunny all week at work, and I have to wear a black long sleeve class a uniform with full duty gear. Then the weekend comes again, I grab my fishing gear, and a tropical storm comes in, lol.

Nothing wrong with catching a nice hungry trout!

b

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    I was expecting the weather. As tj knows, I've had a curse for the last few months. Every time I decide to go fishing, the weather turns to crap. Then it's hot and sunny all week at work, and I have to wear a black long sleeve class a uniform with full duty gear. Then the weekend comes again, I grab my fishing gear, and a tropical storm comes in, lol.
    same here. for me it starts out nice and the fish start biting well during the nice wether, but then be4 a fish can get to me the wether goes to crap and then the fish stop biting on top of it. thats y i fish primarily in the summer. wether is just hot then, no crappy wether for me lol hahaha. but nice fish and on a swimbait too.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

My fear is the weather is going to continue to be crappy all spring which will keep water temps down which will affect the length and strength of topwater season, AGAIN! Seems like a replay of last year.

That is a good catch there, that trout.

The thing about the trash reminds me of the thread about trash at DVL. It seems a lot of us on this site clean up other people's trash, myself included, but the ones you never hear from keep on leaving it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12