Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: An unorthodox first swimbait fish. The Wood, 5-29-11...

Default An unorthodox first swimbait fish. The Wood, 5-29-11...

Hit silverwood today with tacklejunkie. The goal was to stick some monster stripers or some toad bass on our swimbait setups. TJ had a sick new custom wrapped swimbait rod to break in, and I had a swimbait cherry to pop. Well, both missions accomplished. I did not, however, catch the monster jailbird I was hoping for. Instead I stuck this highly optimistic 18" holdover:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG005.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	30794 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG006.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	30795
    He inhaled a 6" storm live stocker trout all the way to the treble! Not exactly what I had in mind, but a decent catch nonetheless. Tj managed a little lmb on the dropshot. Other than a few missed bites, nothing else for the day. Anyways, have fun.

-Skyler
    Last edited by Skyler; 05-29-2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Posted from my Android phone.

You know how we do it!
    Beer bottle style. What's a swimbait?

Boom! Congrats man. first of many CRAZY moments to come!

wow man thats awesome!!!!! nice catch

was watching fly nation on WFN and these dudes caught a lil 6 inch trout and this HUGE trout came out and just about swallowed the lil guy.. pretty damn exciting.. I WANT A TROUT ON A SWIMBAIT NOW! lol nice fish!

Silverwood holdover's seem a little hungry this year. I was fishing a bed deep in a creek a week ago with a Rodent creature bait, had a decent male pecking at it and out of nowhere back in the brush a hookjaw HO came out and snagged it right in front of the LMB, one hungry trout I guess.

Way to pop the swimbait cherry, but strange way to do it. When I drove by yesterday it seemed pretty quiet for a Sunday Memorila day weekend, I stayed away this weekend anticipating chaos I guess I should have made an attempt.
    Last edited by seal; 05-30-2011 at 08:00 AM.

That’s a real nice fish. A lot of the trout that I catch are the same size as your lure.
    You guys must have had Silverwood all to yourselves. As I was driving home up the 138 through wind and rain around noon on Sunday, I passed a mass exodus of people leaving the lake.

Default Trout

nice trout,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,T/O,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

What a surprise , NICE FISH . And on sunday with that bad weather coming thru , You guys are diehards , ha

That is one mean treble hook that the trout swallow. That one is meant for grill with zesty lemon peppercorns.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Silverwood holdover's seem a little hungry this year. I was fishing a bed deep in a creek a week ago with a Rodent creature bait, had a decent male pecking at it and out of nowhere back in the brush a hookjaw HO came out and snagged it right in front of the LMB, one hungry trout I guess.

Way to pop the swimbait cherry, but strange way to do it. When I drove by yesterday it seemed pretty quiet for a Sunday Memorila day weekend, I stayed away this weekend anticipating chaos I guess I should have made an attempt.
    We froze early on but stuck it out in hopes of a clear up.
    Wind died mid day for the warm up but as usual, so did the fishing.
    We made a move using the poppy pass to Cleghorn to look for LMB in the south shore cove and east to lot 3 from there but nothing!
    Everything around the swimbeach and stores was blown out with people and BBQ's.
    Anything with a hike in was dead empty.

The
    ol point was trashed. We hauled out a landing net full of line and garbage. Poor place needs us around again to keep it clean. There's a whole easy up sitting back there right now with my name on it hiding in a swimbeach.
    The rains chased out everyone near us who attempted to fish in the morning on the back side of the lake while we hid in the bushes and stuck it out.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-31-2011 at 06:45 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast