Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perris 5-27 Birthday Bass

Default Perris 5-27 Birthday Bass

Sorry for the late post, crazy weekend. Went out to Lake Perris with my buddy Corey and his brother Curtis for Corey's birthday. Was on the lake by 7:45am. Started fishing the weed line off berisconi and on his third cast, Happy Birthday Corey, a nice 3lb lmb. He caught it on a 4" robo worm (margarita color). We were in 5'-6' of water. Worked the weedline all the way around the East end, a few bites, nothing to exciting. Corey landed a small lmb in the East end but that was it. Talked to a tuber down in the east end who said he was having some luck with a drop shot 4" shad color robo worm. Tried it for a while with no luck. No sure I'm doing it right. Still learning the drop shot technique. Curtis and I herding fish to Corey. Pulled the boat out about 5pm. All in all a great day on the lake even though Curt and I got blanked. I will try to upload the photo of the 3lber.

See ya on the lake

Here is the photo. Hope it worksClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0198.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	30790

When you tie on your hook for a drop shot you can leave however much line you want to the weight....but I have figured out once you tie your hook on....usually a palimar knot that tag end feed back through the eye let off the hook on the hook side so that when you have your weight tied on that your hook is out and your bait is presented. Nicely ...hope this helps man good luck out there

Brad1

Thanks Brad1. I understand how to rig it but not sure on how to fish it. Like a jig, drag it along the bottom or just lift the tip and let it fall to the bottom?

When i use a drop shot set up i retrieve slowly and barely tick the end of my pole, some times let it sit and resume c how it looks in shallow water if u can first.. u can pretty much drop shot anything its a great way to catch fish ( use circle hooks if u can )

Thanks Steve. I will give it a shot.

Ya you pritty much can present ut however you feel works.....sometimes they will hit it one way and the next week there not...
    I have cought alot when I get stuck up on something and just shake that tip for a while and that bucket mouth un snages you real quick.. :)

Thanks Brad. It sounds like you can vary your presentation and retrieval to just about any situation. Next time out I think I'll spend the day with the drop shot. Is your boat pretty much anchored or on the move?

Quote Originally Posted by brad1 View Post
    When you tie on your hook for a drop shot you can leave however much line you want to the weight....but I have figured out once you tie your hook on....usually a palimar knot that tag end feed back through the eye let off the hook on the hook side so that when you have your weight tied on that your hook is out and your bait is presented. Nicely ...hope this helps man good luck out there
    Brad1
    So, just for clarification, do you put it back into the body of the plastic worm? Or do you leave it out? I just wondered? I've been putting the hook back into the body. According to my research if you put it back in, you don't snag on the bottom and it become "weedless". But maybe I am missing out on a lot of fish because I've been hooking it in this way???? I've been fishing Diamond Valley and have caught a few... Idk? It's all Greek to me! I like to watch the youtube videos and learn that way. High five to the makers of the videos!

Quote Originally Posted by tagg27 View Post
    Thanks Brad. It sounds like you can vary your presentation and retrieval to just about any situation. Next time out I think I'll spend the day with the drop shot. Is your boat pretty much anchored or on the move?
    Oh man never have had a chance to fish from a boat man.....but just from the shore...but I would say anchored would be the way to go...and change up spots if there not hitting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast