Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris 5-28-11: Awesome Day!

Default Perris 5-28-11: Awesome Day!

Long time, no see FNN! I've been so busy with school that I finally just snagged a chance to pick up the rod and head out the door!

A friend and I made it to Perris Lake today, and we found a nice spot near the Marina quickly and got set up.

After 20 minutes or so, we had fish on! From that moment forward, it was cycles of frantic casting, baiting, and pulling in Gills and Redear, followed by brief moments of respite. We ended the day with 70+ Fish caught, and kept our limit in some moderate to fat gills.

Everything was caught on Crickets and Mealworms, but the circkets seemed to be the real hot ticket. No bobbers, just drop-shotted between 20-30 feet from shore.

We kept a few really small ones that got gut-hooked, and all my guts from cleaning them will end up as some sweet crab and ocean bait in a few weeks.

A truly epic way to return to the water!

A few pictures to remember the trip by!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fishing 2.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	30776Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fishing.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	30777

Good to see you on the shore line with your buddy. Hope it was a fruitful day. I was one of the 3 tubers, which happen to snagged both of your lines due to the bad wakes made by those knuckle-heads on the water. Definitely was an awesome day on bluegills and red-ears.

Ha! Nice to know it was another FNN member. Yeah, We watched a lot of people come out of that marina doing some stupid stuff. And tangles happen, no worries! I'm just surprised that we did this well, considering I've never done well at Perris in the past times I've gone.

Did you hear like every 20-30 minutes the sheriff siren come on? We ended up making a joke about it. "It must a 'Fine' Day!" At least the park is collecting some cash off the jerks.

We'll definitely show up at Perris again some time in the near future. I think we're going to end up out at Newport Pier in about 2 weeks to use up some of the panfish guts in an attempt to pick up some stone and rock crab.

No kidding about the 'fine day' biz. A few actually got fined, and yanked out of the water for multiple warnings of high speed in the no wake zone. On top of that, they don't understand that 5mph means 5mph when they're going into the high speed zone. what's why we fought like a freaking mad man trying to stay out of the shore zone (20 feet from the edge of the rocks) to prevent tangling. But, our legs can only do so much..you know?

Seriously. Its one thing to have a slight wake now and then to fight, its another when its like trying to swim in a washing machine. See you guys out in the tubes did make me want to dig mine out and see how worse for wear it is. Been years since I used my Float tube.

The past couple of times I was in the marina area, the Bluegills were really small and no Redears were biting, but Trout and even some Crappie were biting, plus a few Bass. That was a few weeks ago. It seems like fishing has really picked up there for the Bluegills and Redears at least. Good job on the catching.

I have used stuff like Tilapia carcasses for crab bait, and it works.