Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fairmount Park - The Fishing Pressure iis set to ON!

Default Fairmount Park - The Fishing Pressure iis set to ON!

Stopped by Fairmount Park yesterday to see how my local fishing spot is doing. It is looking good, with a lot of algae and lily pads growing on the lakes. However, there is something that shocked me when I got there - THE FISHING PRESSURE!

As I drove around, I saw around 25 anglers fishing Lake Evans, alone! There were 3 fishing Brown's Lake, and 10 bait and waiters at Fairmount Lake. The one thing that I predicted was to see a car parked illegally next to Lake Evans by the Tank (as seen in that last post with several nice Bass). Well, there was two cars parked there, and one stayed all night as I decided to fish Fairmount Lake with some new methods.

It was easily more than thirty people there pounding the shorelines. WOW.

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

I drove by the park today and seen a banner on the fence that said something about a fishing derby, June 18th. Wonder if they are going to pour some cats in thier for the event.

Was there on monday night not many people fishing (5) one couple was pulling up crayfish at the south shore, and another group b/w fishing pulled up a little cat about 7-8". So I know the cats are in the lake still but the crayfish was a surprise as they had 14 or so.

Fairmont has tons of Crawdads. I see them nearly every time I'm there, they just have a lot of stuff to hide in.

Those fishing derby's are terrible for your local bass. I know at Alondra last week they had stocked Catfish on Friday, but many of the fisherman used nightcrawlers and bucketed lots of nice bass during the derby.

I hope your lake doesn't get hit as hard.

b

They have the Catfish Derby every year, and it usually ends the same each year: maybe 10 people catch something and another hundred get skunked.

You think Fairmount was bad..sheesh..should have seen Perris to day. It was a freaking nightmare. Nearly got ran over by boaters and jetters that tought they owned the lake.

Dont hit your favorite places on Memorial Weekend !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bassgrabber1 View Post
    Dont hit your favorite places on Memorial Weekend !!!!!
    Most solid advice anyone could ever muster up.

I learned this a long time ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast