Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the Stripers??

Default Where are the Stripers??

Ive been waiting for weeks for the stripers to come out and play with no luck! anyone having any luck?

went on wednesday for NOTHING... fished bait for a few hours..no mark's

Quote Originally Posted by fasttimes90 View Post
    Where are the Stripers??
    They swam back to the aqueduct for me to catch.

Quote Originally Posted by yolo View Post
    They swam back to the aqueduct for me to catch.
    not if they reach me first. if striper gp extinct check my frying pan for why lololol hahahahaha
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

I've been catching them at Castaic and at Pyramid. Definitely more @ Pyramid (caught 8 in a 1/2 day today), but larger units @ Castaic. I have to sit at Castaic and fish hard for 8 - 10 hours to grab just a few fish, but they are much larger. Not huge, but the carbon copy fish are 1.5-2.5lbs with some 3+ lbers coming along. @ Pyramid a 3lber is a giant these days.

Although I am omitting a complete skunk @ Pyramid yesterday, lol. I got redemption in a 1/2 day return visit.

even when the striper bite picks up are the ones at pyramid still gonna be small. cuz pyramid actually used to be the lake that harbored the giants. and anything under 12lb test was asking for trouble. im not just talking like 10 years ago. i watched a 30lber take my brother bait hook line and sinker literally, about 3-5 years ago. before the stripers were serious monsters, now there wimps. at pyramid at least but i havent fished pyramid in about 3-5 years so i dont know what its like now. all i know is everytime i fished there i hooked into at least one giant, same with everyone i was fishing with.

just a thought but maybe the stripers aren't reaching the larger size because of over harvesting. I heard all the comments about the stripers over populating those lakes but maybe it's nearing the breaking point. I don't know the particulars but I've seen posts with pictures of people keeping, imho, way too may fish. is there a daily limit for stripers? Some might think what I'm writing is ridiculous but who know right. Like I said, just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by stressD View Post
    just a thought but maybe the stripers aren't reaching the larger size because of over harvesting. I heard all the comments about the stripers over populating those lakes but maybe it's nearing the breaking point. I don't know the particulars but I've seen posts with pictures of people keeping, imho, way too may fish. is there a daily limit for stripers? Some might think what I'm writing is ridiculous but who know right. Like I said, just a thought.
    limit is ten on striper. these striper arnt largemouth. not insulting lmb fisherman, just saying

I think it's the other way around. I think that the striper population is so huge at Pyramid that they don't have a chance to produce giants anymore. There just isn't enough food source to feed the zillions of fish.

I guess we would have to consult with DFG to find the real answers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast