Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: trolling in a tube in style

Mabye you should've gotten this instead.

Okay maybe I'm overstating the weight a little but they are really heavy Matt. For a float tube it seems like a lot to me. That being said I've got to admit I have not used one so maybe it's allright. I just can't see it. I'm going to go find out how much my battery weighs and see. I'll let you know. Peace Ron

Hey SoCal that's cool but where does the battery go. That's awsome. Ron

I think the battery is in that compartment right in front of the motor. Just stumbled across it on some website and thought it looked cool. Too bad the tube is one of those round ones.

ya that thing is pretty sweet! does suck its a round one though kinda looks like the tube took a poop :lol:

if they sold that as an attachment thatd be sweet

Dude! I saw some guy rippin around in his tube at perris. I was wondering how the hell he was swimming so fast and covering all that water. All the sudden I look and he's pulling up a hacked down trolling motor! :lol: The guy had his tube all rigged up with a big 4x5" display fish finder too!

The fishcat would be a good platform to do it on with all the extra cargo space. I think you would just have to sew a solid mount into the fabric for the trolling motor..

Quote Originally Posted by matt duarte
    ya that thing is pretty sweet! does suck its a round one though kinda looks like the tube took a poop :lol:

if they sold that as an attachment thatd be sweet
    They used to sell a attachment like that. It was a small tube that you mounted your own battery and trolling motor in. You just strapped it to the back of your tube.

That sure is a lot of crap to haul down to the shore.

lol ya I as thinking of buying one and hacking the down tube shorter.... I'm waiting till payday and I'm proly gonna buy one to see if I can make it work...
    I do a lot of fabricating, if any of you have seen my myspace you can see the baja bug I'm building so I have plenty of ideas on what to do to make it work..
    if only I could make the mounts out of metal I'd be good to go but its to heavy and I'm still learning this pvc pipe thing....the glue dries faster than hell!

I Was thinking of pulling a trolling motor off the stick, and finding a way to sew a mount for the little motor and prop to my tube so I don't have to deal with the big rod and the thing on top. I like to fabricate and I'm pretty good with electronics as well.

They have a couple minn tonka trolling motors down at day street wallmart. I didn't see the price on them though. If they are cheap enough ($100 or under) I might pick one up and give it a shot one day.

You could stash the battery in the fishcat float tube cooler. Use either a small hobby 12v battery and see how long it lasts, or go expensive and get hobby lithium polymer batteries and rig something to prevent them from discharging too low to prevent a fire. These would be very tiny and weigh practically nothing compared to a 12v motorcycle battery. I use lithium polymer in my r/c helicopters. They can output a few thousand watts! (enough to start a car easily). I have some that can do 50 volts at 200amps and only weigh a pound :lol:

ya I thought I saw a walmart add about thetrolling motors! I think I might have to go pick one up tomarrow! ya ill need to find a good battery small and light weight would be good...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast