Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: trolling in a tube in style

Default trolling in a tube in style

would this work???? sorry for the crappy drawing but you get the idea (trolling motor on a tube..the fish cat 4)

I would mainly use this for larger lakes to get to all the spots I like, and just to cover a greater distance in a shorter time. I know I've talked about this before but I think I'm just gonna say eff it and go buy it and see how well it holds up... I'm not a really BIG guy so I know it shouldn't exceed the weight limit in this tube

Just get some bigger flippers and put more power to the water. You'd be suprised how strong it will make your roundhouse, he he.

lol. the fins I had were pretty long and they didn't do well... they had a slit down the center don't know if that played a prt in it but they pretty muched sucked! why are all the ''float tube fins'' short and fat? does it make it easyer to move around? I have some old u.s diver fins in going to try this saturday I hope they work better than the other one I had.

but don't get me wrong here I wouldn't use the trolling motor all the time just to get away from shore fast so I don't miss that earily morning bite! I missed it last time paddling out to perris:(
    than that thing would get shut off for the rest of the time and I'd kick around untill I was ready to go back to shore ( I like the slow approch while I'm at ''the spot' fishing but I like to get out to where I want to be faster than paddle speed you know what I mean

Not sure how small batteries come that would run a trolling motor. This may be an issue.

You're probably looking at around $200 for motor and battery either way. Shoulda bought a kickboat :wink:

lol ya shoulda woulda....if I had the 1000 bucks to throw down on it..or if my wife would let me have my credit card back! lol but ya I have no problem with kicking, I just think it would be pretty nifty to have :lol:

wouldn't be able to use something like a car battery and place it in a small ice chest so it wouldn't get wet? or is their a special one you have to use?

Turn the motor around... :wink:

edit

lol ya I noticed that one after I posted it....

Hey Matt, cool drawing but a trolling motor and deep cycle marine battery would weigh more than you and the tube. It's the heavyest ( is that a word ) thing I put on my pontoon and it does a wheely till I get on. You need that weedeater motor Beeracuda took a pic of at Perris a while back.

really? its that heavy? I see the motors are around 20 to 30 pounds but wow, ya I'd proly sink! lol strach that idea!

if I get lazy ill just tie meself to my buddys boat :lol: thanks for the info I was waiting for someone to tell me how much these babies weight...

well back to the drawing board...

thanks again for the info from your experience with the motors and inflatables

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast