Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: trolling in a tube in style

Default Trolling motor

there are a few trolling motors around that are small enough to mount to a float tube. using a mount simular to the ones used to mount fish finders on tubes, (a larger rod holder tube and strap). Use a small 4 pound 12 volt rechargeable motercycle battery and you should be set.

You need a deep cycle battery to run a trolling motor. I don't know if they make one that small.

gawd you ppl are lazy! :lol:

Get some good fins! That always does the trick! You'd be surprised what big a difference they make! :shock:

Try some HotSpot fins! FNN member FatAlbert can hook you up with some if you can get a hold of him via PM thru these boards! ;)

I have a pair, and they are incredibly sweet! Consider it!

btw, getting excercise while fishing, is like sugar to the kool-aid!

Good fishing everybody!

Rapid !!! Where the hell you been Bro?

I agree just get some damn fins and get on the water...

I am using a $100 minkota from wal-mart and it weighs about 20 lbs and I use a 12v lawn mower battery also from wal-mart that weighs about 5 lbs to power a small fiberglass boat I have. As long as you minimize the time you run full throttle I have had my battery last 5 hours with charge still remaining. I think you would have more trouble trying to mount the trolling motor that anything.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ronira
    Hey Matt, cool drawing but a trolling motor and deep cycle marine battery would weigh more than you and the tube. It's the heavyest ( is that a word ) thing I put on my pontoon and it does a wheely till I get on. You need that weedeater motor Beeracuda took a pic of at Perris a while back.
    LMAO, I was busting my arse off! HERE WE GO AGAIN< FULL THROTTLE!! &#58;rofl&#58; &#58;rofl&#58;

Don't you feel sorry for the kid?? lol!

B/C &#58;beer&#58;

That's the one Beeracuda, I almost pissed myself again&#46; Nice job bro&#46; Peace Ron

you can just buy the back part ive seen them for like 100&#46;00 but i think i can make it if i ever do i will post it but at the same time we need to keep the law of K&#46;I&#46;S&#46;S in the pic&#46; K&#46;I&#46;S&#46;S (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID) not a shot at you jsut the law of kiss

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Mike
    you can just buy the back part ive seen them for like 100&#46;00 but i think i can make it if i ever do i will post it but at the same time we need to keep the law of K&#46;I&#46;S&#46;S in the pic&#46; K&#46;I&#46;S&#46;S (KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID) not a shot at you jsut the law of kiss
    The Law of Kiss can be put this way as well, "Keep It Short n Simple"&#46;

I personally like this example as not to throw an attack or insult towards the other person who most likely would be offended by being called"Stupid"&#46;

But that's just my &#58;2cents&#58;

Fisher-of-Men

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123