Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Mojave narrown

Default Mojave narrown

Well it is me again, I just returned from the Narrows, I watched the wind reports all week to chose my time to go and it was great today,
    There were at times just light winds, just enought to keep cool from the sun coming off the water.
    Ok how can I put this, I do not lie, really, but todays fishing was great, to keep it legal on paper I fished hook and release , with no barb hooks, two on the line, at one time I caught two at once, and a fair size, I released a lot, maybe an early teens age, the ones that were in shock and I could not revive by working them in the water I took home five, legal limit.
    So they again bite light, some sucking the bait.
    using POWER BAIT RAINBOW

Have fun I leave it up to you if you want to believe me.
    See you next week.
    Jack

Thanks for the 411. I take it you are talking about trout? I thought the water might be to warm, but I guess not! The lakes "catfish season" starts tomorrow. No Memorial day crowds?

I think that last week was the last trout stock of the season.

Barbless powerbait huh? Don't you still have to shove something down their throats and rip the hook out anyway, barbless or not?

Sorry but don't think that's a very good catch and release method on trout.

If you are a good fisherman you would catch them on the lip, like me , AND WEAR DID YOU BUY THAT FISH IN THE PICTURE, IT HAS AN FDA TAG ON IT
    JACK

Quote Originally Posted by JACK MILLS View Post
    If you are a good fisherman you would catch them on the lip, like me , AND WEAR DID YOU BUY THAT FISH IN THE PICTURE, IT HAS AN FDA TAG ON IT
    JACK
    Yup got him at Albertson's!

Cool fish anyway, use to catch big ones in the north atlantic in winter off of destroyers for seven years

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yup got him at Albertson's!
    Stater Bros. is cheaper