Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Monday afternoon 5-23

Default Monday afternoon 5-23

Went up top to take a look, i hadn't been there since the moonlight fishing. First think I noticed was the white calcium line on the dam and the ramp, looks like there dropping the water fast, later on while trying for striper i can see why that bite died, dropping water will shut down the striper on the reaction bite, least thats what I've found to be true over the years.
    So I went back in the Fish arm to look around for marks out in the mouth of Elizabeth, found some good marks but no big schools. so went into the first cove to look around for post spawn bass, sure enough I found them, I got a fun bite going on the 1 to 3.5 pound bass.
    I show you guys what and how I was catching them, I got over 6 fish in a short period of time, didn't take picks of all of them, I tried to get them back in the water as fast as I could, this one even knocked my hat off.
    This is the nasty stuff that there hanging out in and this is the bait of choice, I've talked about it but this is it, Flash tricks and the pot bellied shads fished fly lined on 6 pound test.
    to locate bass just look for the bass fry thats balled up in the backs in the skinny water towards the back of the coves, and there dads will be very close by. In this tight skinny water moving a 24 foot bass boat around is tough, this is why doing this for a guide trip could be tough, it takes boat control and pin point casting.
    The best fish I caught that day was probably in the 4.5 range but busted me off before I could get it into the boat, bummer to cause I had him caught and a picture taken in my mind before he took that last charge into the sticks and that was that.
    This is fun fishing because it's a visual bite, the baits suspends and and the fish hammer it most of the time.
    but again it's might not be for everyone. but get someof these baits and give it a try...
    this deer was pretty cool, never even spooked

Nice job on catching the lmb's, cool deer pic too. Water looks a little cloudy, I was hoping to do a little fishing up there this weekend, but the wind is going to be a problem.

Thanks for the report.

KF

Go for it, go early and leave early, the hoilday crowed will start to choke the lake up as the day goes on... and fish the back of the coves, keep a eye on the shoreline right now, not only may you see some cool wildlife but you might find a nice lure or to, just don't cost yourself more than it's worth trying to get it, don't fall in...

great info Dave. thanks for the detailed reports and pics.

one more thing, i was talking about bass fishing with my one of my coworkers, she said her husband wants to go bass fishing for fathers day. i said i fish castaic often and know a good guide service that could the both you on fish. she said she's gonna ask her hubby tonight for a green light. when i hear back from her I will shoot you a PM and give them your email/website.

Charles