Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake isabella

Default Lake isabella

Well, made the decision to take the early morning drive from Lancaster to Isabella on Friday, then camp for the night(as no site available Sat and Sun), then fish Saturday and make the drive back.
    My wife and I hope to catch some Crappie and maybe a few LMB, hope for good weather without the hurricane winds!!!!

See ya on the lake, I will be in distinguished (aged) Ranger 375V....

Im going Saturday, I will try Jockom cove for crappie and troll if wend comes up, last year i did real well trolling for crappie with rapalas see ya.

Oh hell....the wind forcast is not looking good for Isabella, but I have already paid for the trip, so I guess I will try to get at least one day in on the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by 661Bass'n View Post
    Well, made the decision to take the early morning drive from Lancaster to Isabella on Friday, then camp for the night(as no site available Sat and Sun), then fish Saturday and make the drive back.
    My wife and I hope to catch some Crappie and maybe a few LMB, hope for good weather without the hurricane winds!!!!

See ya on the lake, I will be in distinguished (aged) Ranger 375V....
    Have fun, I'm staying away from the lake this weekend, to many people for me. Just be sure to be VERY careful of the wind, Isabella can get VERY NASTY VERY QUICK.

Quote Originally Posted by tracker16 View Post
    Im going Saturday, I will try Jockom cove for crappie and troll if wend comes up, last year i did real well trolling for crappie with rapalas see ya.
    Good luck to ya, like I mentioned above, be safe. By the way, thats Joughin Cove

Quote Originally Posted by 661Bass'n View Post
    Oh hell....the wind forcast is not looking good for Isabella, but I have already paid for the trip, so I guess I will try to get at least one day in on the boat.
    Yeah, the winds are supposed to be bad. If you launch at the ramp between the dams you can always fish the French Gulch area, its kinda protected from the wind. Bottom line, have fun but BE CAREFULL.

Quote Originally Posted by tracker16 View Post
    Saw you say your getting a new boat. Whats to become of the tracker 16?

Ok,

took the chance at Lake Isabella, made it to Paradise cove campsite at 9pm Thursday. Set up camp, in the wind(18+). Woke up at 5am, to you guessed it, wind!! Got the boat into the water between the two damn areas at 7am. Wind at this time picked up to I would say about 20kts, the lake was white cap all over. Tried to make it up north, but too much spray was coming over the bow, and the wife was not liking the shower she was getting. so, hung out by the damn. About 10am the wind was gusting pretty good, the trolling motor was pretty much useless at this point so, anchored by a brush pile just north of the Marina(Dry Gulch) I think, caught a 6", yes that was Inches, little LMB on a crappie spinner, hoping it was a crappie, but oh well I guess it was better than nothing...lol once again tried to make a run up north got about 1/4 mile anchored by some trees on the west shore side, hit some trees with no luck. Boat was on the trailer at 11:30am. I would guess the wind was sustained at 20kts, with gust up to 30. Stayed the night on Friday, woke up to the same on Saturday, at 7am the lake was already white capped. I wasn't going to waste the time and effort, so, unstaked the tent, tossed it into the Durango,and had the boat in my garage in Lancaster by
    9:30am. Disappointing trip, but look forward to making again without the wind!!!