Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Topwater Action before work

Default Topwater Action before work

Hello FNN, I've had a busy past 2 weeks with my girls sister getting married. Now that's over and the bass are done spawning at some of my holes I decided to get a line wet before work. Conditions seemed right to be doing my most favorite type of fishing TOPWATER! and man my heart was pounding. Using my new LC GunFish

I made a few cast, my lure was approx 15ft away frome me I could see 2 nice shadows directly under it. Heart starts to beat faster, give it twitch bass spooks but comes back, another twitch same result, Third times the charm. BAM fish on nice fight and lipjob. Had a few other hits but they didn't stick it.

Everyone START YOUR TOPWATERS, here's another fish I caught a week ago after work
    Last edited by KILLA; 05-24-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Nice one Killa, I love that spot.LOL

I think your right! Got one(2.5 3#r) last week @ eldo hit 5 feet away from shore..It was Rad,Nice Fish!

nice but 2 pictures aren't showing for me :(

Quote Originally Posted by dfisher View Post
    nice but 2 pictures aren't showing for me :(
    Interesting, I was able to view them last night when I got home from work and now they are gone. The pics were nicely edited to protect his location. Now I guess he is protecting the identity of the caught bass. J/k

b

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Interesting, I was able to view them last night when I got home from work and now they are gone. The pics were nicely edited to protect his location. Now I guess he is protecting the identity of the caught bass. J/k

b
    WTF, great I'll see if I can load them back up

they work now, good looking bass! gotta love the top water action..

assuming mono.. what lb test are you using?
    Last edited by dfisher; 05-24-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dfisher View Post
    they work now, good looking bass! gotta love the top water action..

assuming mono.. what lb test are you using?
    Actually I had it on my floro setup, to expensive to strip off just for topwater. 10lbs test 100% fluoro, just cant let it sit or the line will sink and screw up the presentation

Killa,

Is this the spot im thinking of? If so nice size fish! Nothing like a bass blowing up on Topwater, well done!

<><
    KP

Quote Originally Posted by oakboy View Post
    Killa,

Is this the spot im thinking of? If so nice size fish! Nothing like a bass blowing up on Topwater, well done!

<><
    KP
    No, I happend to get lucky at a kitty spot. Biggest bass I've pulled out of it to be honest. I went to the same spot yesterday and didn't catch a thing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast