Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dogs on boats!!!

Default Dogs on boats!!!

Trying to go camping/boating/fishing and not in that order, but want to take my dog. I have called Silverwood, and Perris and they don't allow dogs on the boats. I guess it's cool if we pee in the pool, but not the dogs..I get it, I get it.....

Anyhow, does anyone know where I could camp and have the dog on the boat, I know you can take the dog on the boat in Castaic, but I am all Castaic out...thanks for you help....

I know BBL has pet friendly areas, along with pet friendly camp sites and cabins. As for the waters, I see them jumping in and playing in the water so I would think pets would be allowed on boats, especially if it is your own boat. But you may want to call ahead just to make sure as I have not inquired about dogs on the boats.

Quote Originally Posted by 661Bass'n View Post
    Trying to go camping/boating/fishing and not in that order, but want to take my dog. I have called Silverwood, and Perris and they don't allow dogs on the boats. I guess it's cool if we pee in the pool, but not the dogs..I get it, I get it.....

Anyhow, does anyone know where I could camp and have the dog on the boat, I know you can take the dog on the boat in Castaic, but I am all Castaic out...thanks for you help....
    Irvine Lake

I'll second BBL as dog friendly. I stayed at cabins for less.com this past weekend. Nice folks run the place and dogs are welcome. Small rustic cabins... Bed was a bit too hard for me but the price was right. From what I was told at the marina dogs are allowed on the pontoon boats if you rent them but not on the 12' fishing boats.

If you bring your own boat, you'll be fine. Sometimes you just don't catch anything: http://www.youtube.com/user/Racetog?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by PB&J's View Post
    I know BBL has pet friendly areas, along with pet friendly camp sites and cabins. As for the waters, I see them jumping in and playing in the water so I would think pets would be allowed on boats, especially if it is your own boat. But you may want to call ahead just to make sure as I have not inquired about dogs on the boats.

I always take my Choco Lab with me anywhere I take my boat. I've never had anyone ever say anything.
    Woops

Cachuma is dog friendly now 2

Thanks for the Replies, I will have to look into it...

When you take your lab out do you usually use one of those doggie PFD's? I don't have one and I'd love to take my dog with me as my first mate. I see some people with them and some without. What are the thoughts on this? labs can swim, but the upper lake is freakin huge @ Castaic and I'm thinking if anything happened I'd want her in a PFD.

Anyone have any recommendations on where to get one?

I have seen the doggie jackets at Petsmart and even Wal-mart.

Quote Originally Posted by 661Bass'n View Post

Piru is definitely dog friendly and there is camping there as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast