Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Perris - HORRIBLE FISHING CONDITIONS!

Default Lake Perris - HORRIBLE FISHING CONDITIONS!

Went to Perris to try out my new rod and reel combo I got for graduation.

It is a KVD 1100 CXE Reel (http://www.basspro.com/Quantum-Kevin...10407/-1760445)

with a Bass Pro Shop 7'0" MH Fast Action Graphite Trigger Rod (http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop.../44304/-948548).

The conditions looked great at the beginning of the day, overcast and glassy water. But after the fog burned off, there was no fish even near the shoreline. Some "bait n' wait' fishermen were catching only bluegill and I only saw or heard of one Bass being caught all day. My issue was all the bait n' wait fishermen basically hogged the shoreline with 3-4 rods each. There was no where to cast because you would get hung up on their line like I did on my third cast (and I was far away from their set up too!). Therefore, I will not be doing any shore fishing at Perris except where there are NO bait n' wait guys.

I think the storm that came in this last week caused the barometer pressure to change and drove the fish deeper. Also I noticed the once prime green brush along the fish-worthy shoreline was very mossy and dying, which means there definitely is no Bass hanging out around those high alkaline structures.

On top of it all, I rolled my ankle walking on the shore. Well there you go! I did mess around and caught a Bluegill on a small Bass Pro Shop Squirming' Shad jig because I was frustrated there was no Bass bite (from shore).

I'll get them next time!

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

i havent caught anything at perris in about a week, and everyone i ask around hasnt caught anything really either. i was out sunday morning on the east end of the lake and i saw 1 person from 6am-11am catch 1 small trout. everyone else i talked with said they havent caught anything. even on the sail cove shore & dam i havent seen anyone catch anything.

*edit* looking to go somewhere else tomorrow morning as me and the wife are getting discouraged at perris
    Last edited by NickX3; 05-23-2011 at 04:18 PM.

First you guys had a front move in the last two days. Second:
    Either the lake is turning or the fish are funked from the moon OR they are fixed on baitfish. Or all three.
    Not to mention some are likely even still buried and busy.

About to get even worse right now with the bluestone, unless that triggers them.
    Be ready or not. Gonna go off pretty soon one of these days.
    Last edited by tacklejunkie; 05-23-2011 at 04:24 PM.

When is the lake scheduled to get the Copper Sulphate? But you know what? I have fished the same day after they "Bluestoned" it, and I have caught fish, so go figure...

tomorrow 8am-12

Wats Copper Sulphate? is it used to stop the weeds from grow more or wat.

Yes to kill algea bloom or something. sometimes fish float belly up I wonder if it's a coincidence

How long does the effects (on the fishing) does copper sulphate last? Was going to Perris on wed. Any info would be helpful.

does anyone know When is the lake scheduled to get the Copper Sulphate for Santa fe Dam its really bloomed and makes it hard to catch fish with all that algea.

You guys will probably see the helicopter.... followed by a few floaters for the next couple of days.
    Unless they manage to go light on it.

The bass will make it through. They still catch big ones in there so I know they know how to avoid dying from the bluestone. I have had times where the bite takes off during the blue stone or after and times when it shuts them off. You never know..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast