Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: New guy on the block...

Default New guy on the block...

Hello FNN,

well I have picked fishing back up about 3 years ago. For the last few years been hitting the lakes in San Diego, and I love Lower Otay along with El Cap!! I suggest them if you are ever down that way. I was previously stationed in SD. Retired Navy Chief, Go Navy!!

Now I have hit Castaic on a regular and it started off great, in Sept/Oct, my 2 time on the lake I through top water spook, and got nailed with two nice Striper's. These where my first Striper's and I thought it was going to be great moving back up to Northern LA county. However, I just caught my third fish at Castaic, this past weekend, a lil 14" LMB. I hope Castaic will pick up soon, but in the mean time I think I am going to take a trip to Perris....

See ya on the lake, help and insight is always welcome!!!!
    Last edited by 661Bass'n; 05-23-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Congrats on your retirement! My Dad was in the Navy and my son-in-law is in the Air Force right now. If you have the time, you can fish 2 lakes in the same day! Castaic/Pyramid or Perris/Silverwood or DVL and Skinner to name a few. Just something to think about?

Welcome, glad to have you onboard!

Howdy Cheif,
    Welcome to the site!
    Robert
    <><

Thanks Murrieta ....