Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Isabella 5-21-2011, what a day!

Way to go!!!!
    I need to get out to the lake. Everytime I go up there, I juest head straight for the river lol

Nice kitty cat!

Quote Originally Posted by diamondbear View Post
    Dang , GOOD JOB DUDE , You got a good days fishing in for sure . I fished Isabella once like 20 years ago and I found a submerged tree and pulled my boat into the shadow and branches and caught crappie like crazy , havent caught once since and miss it bad .
    Thanks it was fun. Chances are the same submerged tree is still there and its probably still loaded with crappie

Quote Originally Posted by Skaguy04 View Post
    Way to go!!!!
    I need to get out to the lake. Everytime I go up there, I juest head straight for the river lol
    Thanks, yeah your missing out not hitting the lake but your still doing pretty darn good on the river.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayrog27 View Post
    Nice kitty cat!
    Thanks, he was quite the challenge on 4 pound line. I also caught 2 other cats on the crappie jig but they were only about 2-3 pounds each. Guess they are feeding pretty actively when you can get them on small jigs.

Cool report, that must have been a nice fight on 4 pound test. Glad you were able to get some of that crappie action, nice job.

KF

Im going this coming weekend have my reservations in motel. Ill be in the water saturday in a Tracker Super Guide 16". ill be trolling and sitting in the cove where the christmas trees are drop by and say HI!

Quote Originally Posted by KID-FISH View Post
    Cool report, that must have been a nice fight on 4 pound test. Glad you were able to get some of that crappie action, nice job.

KF
    Thanks. Yeah I was a little worried when he took off into the trees but then he just came out. Once I had him in open water it was just a matter of time.

Quote Originally Posted by tracker16 View Post
    Im going this coming weekend have my reservations in motel. Ill be in the water saturday in a Tracker Super Guide 16". ill be trolling and sitting in the cove where the christmas trees are drop by and say HI!
    Good luck to ya, I wont be out this weekend. There are just going to be way to many people for me.

OH DAMN!!!!..whatta day indeed!!!

Bassnman,
    Nice report man!

BTW, thanks for directing me to the Sierra Market/Spirit gas station for the minnows.
    Seems to be the only place in town that carries them
    We met a guy named "Noble" who works the AM shift.
    What a wealth of knowledge and super friendly

Them minnows are like candy to the crappie
    Seems like the "locals" were using small silver spoons instead of tube jigs

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzyyo View Post
    OH DAMN!!!!..whatta day indeed!!!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by IN2DEEP View Post
    Bassnman,
    Nice report man!

BTW, thanks for directing me to the Sierra Market/Spirit gas station for the minnows.
    Seems to be the only place in town that carries them
    We met a guy named "Noble" who works the AM shift.
    What a wealth of knowledge and super friendly

Them minnows are like candy to the crappie
    Seems like the "locals" were using small silver spoons instead of tube jigs

Thanks again
    Not a problem, they are actually the only place in the area that carries the minnows, all the other bait shops have closed.

As to what the "Locals" use, they all use different stuff but basically its jigs, Kastmasters, minnows and grubs. I think when the bite is "ON" pretty much everything will work.

Beautiful fat slabs there I am craving crappie tacos lol...Great report thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast