Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Quail lake kitty huntin!

Default Quail lake kitty huntin!

Alright guys im siked!!! Havnt soaked some bait within a month and i got fish feaver now!

Plannin on hittin Quail lake for the first time with my grandpa tomarrow! hopin to have lines soakin by 12:30... Going to chuck chicken liver on one pole, anchovies on the other, and chuck lures to hopfully catch a striper or LMB.

Have any tips for me? How deep i should go, hook size, weight size.. ANYTHING will help!

Will have 2 poles with 8pound test and one with 12pound test

only be there a few hours, so is there a specific spot there that works best for what im targeting for.. well im targeting anything will bite soo.. which spot is best for the biggins!

Thanks for any help guyss!!!

the canal always works for me back in the days for cats. To be honest i have not fished the lake for years. 8 lbs should be good. shrimp worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout Chaser1 View Post
    Alright guys im siked!!! Havnt soaked some bait within a month and i got fish feaver now!

Plannin on hittin Quail lake for the first time with my grandpa tomarrow! hopin to have lines soakin by 12:30... Going to chuck chicken liver on one pole, anchovies on the other, and chuck lures to hopfully catch a striper or LMB.

Have any tips for me? How deep i should go, hook size, weight size.. ANYTHING will help!

Will have 2 poles with 8pound test and one with 12pound test

only be there a few hours, so is there a specific spot there that works best for what im targeting for.. well im targeting anything will bite soo.. which spot is best for the biggins!

Thanks for any help guyss!!!
    ive fished quail lake. lmb are hard to get out of there. striper and catfish heaven though. use anchovie, mackerel, nightcrawlers, and swimbaits workwell enough. oh and 8lb might not be enough, but its up to you personally when i fish striper and catfish i dont use anything under 12lb test. but i usually catch at least one kitty thats DoubleD.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!