Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fairmount bass escapes!

////To be used to display humor, while at the same time making a point to other posters

<sarcasm>Way to blow up the spot. Now all the poachers and their moms will be there, filling buckets up with bass! </sarcasm>

In all seriousness, that is a great photo and good information. I for one cannot wait for the bite at the month to explode. Tight lines.

I have seen lots of them in Evens lake..... I like to get in about a hour on thursday mornings if I can..... I'm going to the rose garden side this week.....

Everyone thinks the Rose Garden side is the best area. I have actually caught more large bass on the opposite side. They like the morning sun. I just took this photo on this side because it looked like a nice shot. It's hard to say where they will be. That's why we walk the shoreline and make lots of casts.

nice fishy!!

You know what, Jeff is dead on about the sunlight. It's not that they want to bath in the sunlight, but if you account for the incoming morning wind (north to south), the amount of critters being brought over by the Santa Ana River and the outskirt vegetation north of Evans, the closer to the north of Evans you are in the morning, the more bugs you can go frenzy on. Mid day, the best spot is near the rose garden, since the palms provide the best cooling shadows and bugs drop. But, that's my experience of the Lake for the past 6 months. Still learning from the avid locals about that lake.

Thanks....

@ TINMAN13,
    Nice catch, what did you use? The Sunfish/Bluegills at Fairmount Park are so much fun to catch. I have not been there since the end of April, so I am looking forward to getting back out there.

@ Fishmounter,
    That spot is the best place to fish in the mornings and evenings (as you know). You have to use perfect presentations in that area with the correct baits to catch one every time. When I was able to go also every early morning over last summer, I caught at least one Bass every trip.

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

Quote Originally Posted by Mestre909 View Post

<sarcasm>Way to blow up the spot. Now all the poachers and their moms will be there, filling buckets up with bass! </sarcasm>
    actually thats being sardonic.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Threw a small spinner bait between 7-8 this morning, couple of strikes but couldn't hook them. Nice quiet hour away from the office.

@ Kelster,

Nice choice of bait. You should add trailer hooks to all your spinnerbaits. That way you will never miss a bite. Spinnerbaits work really well in the summer at Fairmount Park, but you need to mix up your presentations to see what they will bite. Best times are always in the early Morning at dusk and Evening at sunset.

Bent Rods For Life,
    Rapala17

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12