Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lake Perris May 17th (7lbs 12oz Largemouth)

Default Lake Perris May 17th (7lbs 12oz Largemouth)

Got to Perris at about 6:30AM and was the first person there on this grey, drizzly day.

Thought there'd be a good bite with the storm front moving in, but not quite here yet, and with the my moon phase calender showing it was supposed to be on... very light breeze and got a little wet from the on/off drizzle, but an awesome day for me anyway.

Started dropshotting in 15-20ft near the submerged rocks for about 20-30 minutes with no bites, then moved to pitching plastics into the flooded brush on the east shore and caught a 2#er or so within the first few casts, then cast to this submerged tree that stood out to me and hooked up with what looked like at least a 5#er when I got him to the surface, then he/she made a run under my boat and snapped off my 6lbs test mono and I was pissed! Made a few more pitches to a couple other spots down the line with no bites, then went back and ptiched to the same tree where I got the 5#er and hooked up and landed this 7lbs. 12oz toad... my biggest largemouth to date.

Caught two more 2lbs class largemouth throughout the remainder of the day (was there from 6:30AM until about 12:30PM.

I tried linking the pic to the facebook URL, but it just came up as a red "X"... wtf can't FN just make it easy and let me upload the damn pic to my post? This sucks... maybe someone who reads this can explain to me how to properly add a pic?
    Last edited by dfeivelson; 05-20-2011 at 05:12 AM.

The easiest way I have found is set up am account with Photobucket. Then copy the url. It's pretty easy.
    But I agree a Facebook upload would be Rad.
    KP

Very nice! My wife told me to hit the water that day to bring home some fishes. Her instinct was right on the money heh? I was too tired from running Mt. Rubidoux and rollerblading to work that I didn't have the leg strength to hit the water. Looks like the Memorial Weekends will approach a new moon phases pretty soon. Let's hit the water hard!

Nice catchin brTha gatta love parris :)

Congratulations on the large fish!

I use the FNN album to post pic. You can either attach them via your post. If you want an inline picture create and album. Within this album each picture has a linke associated with them. Use that link to put into the post.

Congrats on your catch. I'm sure it was an absolute thrill.

Nice LMB I hope to see a photo soon.

Nice day out there fishing! Hope to see that piggie bass from Perris!

The submerged trees are great right now at Perris. Tree and I got a couple of nice ones there to but not anything that big....congrats!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7-12.JPG 
Views:	70 
Size:	5.8 KB 
ID:	30666

Wow... what a pain in the *** just to post a pic, but here she is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast