Decided to head out to lake casitas with a freind and his family last week since i heard the shad had surfaced. Was going to try and get his 3 year old son his first LMB. got there a little late though with shad net in hand. Talked to randy at the rental shop and he said the usual guys on the bass boats could not find the shad that morning. So we got our rental and headed out planning on throwing some shad imatations, Flukes huddelston weedless shad, castaic catch 22 shad, BBZ. Hit all of my usual spots with no succes quite a few followers but no takers. Kinda tuff to fool the Casitas finiky bass with a 3 year old kid jumping around the boat.. lol but the whole purpose of the day was to get him his first bass. After no takers on the the shad imatations deicded to throw everythign in the box at them spinnerbaits, cranks, lipless cranks, topwater, standin yabbies, huddbugs the works. I was trying to avoid going back to the old faithfull robo worm. I am really trying to broaden my arsenal of attack but i can always pull a fish or 2 on the worm... was workign a cove with a 6 inch hologram shad robo when this trout hit. I dont even kow what kind it is. I never fish trout as I have fished bass my whole life and the only thing that i know about trout are that I love throwing the hudds and punkers. So needless to say this is my pb trout whatever kind it was.. worked the worm for the rest of the day to only end up with 2 more dink bass.. fishing was tuff i normally do really well at casitasClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-05-11_15.09.38.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	30600 thanks for reading..