Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: green valley/arrowbear lake

Default green valley/arrowbear lake

went up to green valley lake and arrowbear lake about 2 weeks ago caught 5 fish they were biting on natural cheese powerbait good day fishing
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9649-1.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	30585  

Nice work! I'm heading to GVL next month!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpostman View Post
    went up to green valley lake and arrowbear lake about 2 weeks ago caught 5 fish they were biting on natural cheese powerbait good day fishing
    Unless you're a resident of Green Valley, you can't legally fish the lake until May 20.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    Unless you're a resident of Green Valley, you can't legally fish the lake until May 20.
    I'm affraid you are mistaken.... You can fish the lake all year with a CA fishing license. The lake concession just don't open until after 5/20. And the private and CA stocks don't start until then. But you are allowd to fish all year as long as it's not covered with ice. Your information is wrong.

I agree with goodguy. You can fish the lake before the 20th of May. They are even advertising the $10.00 permit before the 20th.

if it was illegal or not i was fishing with my cousin and uncle they are residents

Quote Originally Posted by goodguy View Post
    I'm affraid you are mistaken.... You can fish the lake all year with a CA fishing license. The lake concession just don't open until after 5/20. And the private and CA stocks don't start until then. But you are allowd to fish all year as long as it's not covered with ice. Your information is wrong.
    I would have sworn I read somewhere on their website that it's closed to non-residents during the winter. I guess I'm wrong. And to think that I've been waiting all winter long to go back up there.

Quote Originally Posted by vortec_cruiser View Post
    I would have sworn I read somewhere on their website that it's closed to non-residents during the winter. I guess I'm wrong. And to think that I've been waiting all winter long to go back up there.
    During the winter all the boats must be off the lake, but that is it. If it's stocked by the DFG it is fishable.

whats the deal with arrowbear lake? r there bass in there? i seen a small dead 1

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    whats the deal with arrowbear lake? r there bass in there? i seen a small dead 1
    That Lake in dry years will dry up. This past winter, the rains were so bad it washed over the top of the dam. I don't think any Bass are left, but if there are, they are small.....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast