Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Lake Casitas new PB... lol.. late report

Default Lake Casitas new PB... lol.. late report

Decided to head out to lake casitas with a freind and his family last week since i heard the shad had surfaced. Was going to try and get his 3 year old son his first LMB. got there a little late though with shad net in hand. Talked to randy at the rental shop and he said the usual guys on the bass boats could not find the shad that morning. So we got our rental and headed out planning on throwing some shad imatations, Flukes huddelston weedless shad, castaic catch 22 shad, BBZ. Hit all of my usual spots with no succes quite a few followers but no takers. Kinda tuff to fool the Casitas finiky bass with a 3 year old kid jumping around the boat.. lol but the whole purpose of the day was to get him his first bass. After no takers on the the shad imatations deicded to throw everythign in the box at them spinnerbaits, cranks, lipless cranks, topwater, standin yabbies, huddbugs the works. I was trying to avoid going back to the old faithfull robo worm. I am really trying to broaden my arsenal of attack but i can always pull a fish or 2 on the worm... was workign a cove with a 6 inch hologram shad robo when this trout hit. I dont even kow what kind it is. I never fish trout as I have fished bass my whole life and the only thing that i know about trout are that I love throwing the hudds and punkers. So needless to say this is my pb trout whatever kind it was.. worked the worm for the rest of the day to only end up with 2 more dink bass.. fishing was tuff i normally do really well at casitasClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-05-11_15.09.38.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	30600 thanks for reading..

Quote Originally Posted by goose2foru View Post
    Decided to head out to lake casitas with a freind and his family last week since i heard the shad had surfaced. Was going to try and get his 3 year old son his first LMB. got there a little late though with shad net in hand. Talked to randy at the rental shop and he said the usual guys on the bass boats could not find the shad that morning. So we got our rental and headed out planning on throwing some shad imatations, Flukes huddelston weedless shad, castaic catch 22 shad, BBZ. Hit all of my usual spots with no succes quite a few followers but no takers. Kinda tuff to fool the Casitas finiky bass with a 3 year old kid jumping around the boat.. lol but the whole purpose of the day was to get him his first bass. After no takers on the the shad imatations deicded to throw everythign in the box at them spinnerbaits, cranks, lipless cranks, topwater, standin yabbies, huddbugs the works. I was trying to avoid going back to the old faithfull robo worm. I am really trying to broaden my arsenal of attack but i can always pull a fish or 2 on the worm... was workign a cove with a 6 inch hologram shad robo when this trout hit. I dont even kow what kind it is. I never fish trout as I have fished bass my whole life and the only thing that i know about trout are that I love throwing the hudds and punkers. So needless to say this is my pb trout whatever kind it was.. worked the worm for the rest of the day to only end up with 2 more dink bass.. fishing was tuff i normally do really well at casitasClick image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-05-11_15.09.38.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	30600 thanks for reading..
    sounds like an ok day, never fished casitas before and i normally only fish striper, used to fish lmb but they were to much of a hassle and required me often throwing everything and the kitchen sink at them. So when i got tired of buying kitchen sinks i stopped fishing the. Anyway nice job. by the way thats a rainbow trout, youll find them in just about any lake and could go your entire life fishing every lake for trout and catch nothing but rainbows. any way nice job out there, guess ill have to try casitas.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Nice trout, looks like a rainbow.

thanks guys. it had a full tail so i dont know if it was a holdover or if the nebraska tailwalkers they stock there have full tails. anyhow my biggest trout since i never have targeted them..

Quote Originally Posted by goose2foru View Post
    thanks guys. it had a full tail so i dont know if it was a holdover or if the nebraska tailwalkers they stock there have full tails. anyhow my biggest trout since i never have targeted them..
    so its been bass your hole life as in just Lmb. thats sounds no offense but boring. I go after striper catfish, trout only if im camping by a lake and the lake is a trout lake or if i want to go fishing locally because all of the lakes in my area are trout lakes. except the aqueduct but i fish that just about every friday.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

No not at all. I grew up on the east coast fishing lake erie for pig smallies the small mouth bass there get huge not uncomon to catch a 5 pounder if you know where to look and what you are doing. I have been to cachuma since i moved out here for smallmouth. Have chased the boils at castaic for stripers in the fall on my bass boat. I have been to the french river in canada for muskie and pike.. but i love all types of bass fishing. just never got into trout fishing thats all. i guess because when i started fishing at like age 4 my father never trout fished so i never learned anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    so its been bass your hole life as in just Lmb. thats sounds no offense but boring. I go after striper catfish, trout only if im camping by a lake and the lake is a trout lake or if i want to go fishing locally because all of the lakes in my area are trout lakes. except the aqueduct but i fish that just about every friday.

Why does it sound boring? You like a certain style of fishing and that's what works for you, but why is someone else's style of fishing boring because it's not what you do? I have seen you bashing bass on a few different threads and if you don't like fishing them I have no problem with that at all but instead of being negative about it just keep your comments about them to yourself. I fish with guys who fish nothing but LMB and that is pleasing to them and I have gleaned tons of information by just being in the same boat with them, that has helped my bass fishing tremendously by leaps and bounds. If I had the attitude that you portray around here about bass I would have been left behind because others would have not felt like teaching me anything with a closed mind. Attitude can open doors for you or shut them even quicker, having an open mind will also make fishing easier. Good luck to you Fish-o-haulic!

daaaammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnn Gina!!!!