Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: OREGON SCOUTING REPORT

Default OREGON SCOUTING REPORT

I'm taking a trip to Oregon in 2 weeks. Does anyone know of any good lakes, rivers near Salem that produce quality fishing? Any help is greatly apreciated.

The Willamette River flows through Salem. If you hook up with a guide they might be able to put you on the fish. A word of warning, it's been a slow year for salmon, or so I've heard. I went with a guide on the Willamette River out of Portland and we came up with the :skunk:, but when we switched to sturgeon later on he put us on the fish. If you google search fishing guides in Salem, OR you should get a few hits. There may be some summer steelhead action going on when you get there. When you contact guides, they'll usually tell you what's up.

Quote Originally Posted by DreStyle
    The Willamette River flows through Salem. If you hook up with a guide they might be able to put you on the fish. A word of warning, it's been a slow year for salmon, or so I've heard. I went with a guide on the Willamette River out of Portland and we came up with the :skunk:, but when we switched to sturgeon later on he put us on the fish. If you google search fishing guides in Salem, OR you should get a few hits. There may be some summer steelhead action going on when you get there. When you contact guides, they'll usually tell you what's up.
    Thanks for the helpful info. I'll most definitely look into the guide service.