Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Seal Beach Pier 5/12/11 -5/13

Default Seal Beach Pier 5/12/11 -5/13

Hit the pier about 11pm and started fishing. went out to the store before i left to get some tackle so i figured i should try it out. Wind was blowing in and the tide was real low so i figured nothing would happen. well for about the first hour and a half nothing. I figured maybe I should pack it up and try again another day. I mean the conditions were pretty bad. And one little croaker is not going to cut it. Well as I am packing up my rod bends like crazy and I rush over to get it. I set the hook and I figured I had a nice size thornback or medium shovelnose. So I start reeling in and it felt like I had lost the fish. So I stop for a second and I feel it pull. Alright fish still on. Get it to the pier and I look over and to my surprise its a leopard shark! SWEET!!!!
    I get it up the pier and take a look at it and it is a beautiful fish! I love the color of them and the power they have. Probably my favorite fish. So I take the hook out of its mouth and I figure it to be about 18" maybe a little more or a little less. Some guys behind me have never seen one. so being the nice guy I am I show them the shark and let them feel it. I throw it back and watch it swim away.
    what I like about catching a fish llike that is being able to share my fishing knowledge with other fisherman. I mean why not share your knowledge with others so they can eventually catch a fish like that too. So i give them some bait and help them get the setup right and let them give it a try.
    Fished for about an hour more and nothing eventually called it a night.

total fish caught 2
    1- Leopard shark on a drop shot with cut squid 3 oz weight
    1- white croaker on a hi/low rig with 1 oz torpedo weight.

I really need to start taking a camera with me to post pics lol

Quote Originally Posted by beaver825 View Post
    I really need to start taking a camera with me to post pics lol
    Good job on the Leopard Shark Beav.

DR