Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Heading to Jess ranch sunday 5/15 advice??

Default Heading to Jess ranch sunday 5/15 advice??

So I've been up to JR a few times, but I've either taken first timers who I wouldn't dare disappointed by getting skunked so we go to the angling pond, or I picked the worse days and get caught in 30 mph winds which makes the day worthless. Hopefully this time will be different. Any one have any advice as to a good spot? I notice people tend to congregate around the western shore near the entrance on lake #3 and on the opposite shore by the building there and they seem to do ok. I was on the western shore with the big log's and didn't have any luck but like I said it was windy. On lake #2 I noticed the same thing. People did well near the entrance on the northern shore.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to go? I walked all around and it's pretty limited as far as shore space with the cat-tails, but I did notice that the area down by the pump house looks like it should be nice. Anyway, I'd really like some advice on lures. I know that power bait worms/powermouse work well jigging them in, but what about castmasters,spoons, rooster tails/spinner? any suggestions? can you be specific? colors, sizes etc??? Thanks or the help!!

SHP

jakes lures or super dupers in gold work well there. Along with kastmasters in gold. Stick to Orange on the plastics and you should nail them. Dropshot and jig under a bobber work well too

Anywhere on the Eastside of lake#2 . Trout green is a good color,pb worms -Bass there bedding so ......... If all else fails nightcrawlers! Good luck. Oh yeah the wind picks up in the afternoon