Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pyramid trip from hell 5/11/11

Default Pyramid trip from hell 5/11/11

my bro and i got to the lake right when they opened, still no season passes available launch the boat, everything's good. planned my attack for mr striper at the dam. while im movin around trying to locate some schools my bro makes a cast toward the island and slams a largemouth take a pic and release. turn on the livewell to try out the new pump i installed. finally showing a little action on the sonar. toss out anchor, anchor doesnt set til were off the school. pull back up try 2 more times, schools gone. so frustrated i wanna just beach the boat. drifting toward the rocks i quickly jump in driver seat (no trolling motor yet) boat wont even try to turn over. dead battery? pull out the oar drift all the way to side of the island, able to beach. Call the lake to have sheriffs come give us a jump. after waiting 2 hours call lake again, For some reason sheriffs didnt show up to work on time, she'll call me when they get there. So i decide to change to lure for some lmb. I keep my tackle in a livewell tank, i just keep the valve closed and the tank plugged so no water gets in. Well when i was installing and trying new pump at home, i forgot to shut that valve and forgot to plug. all my tackle was under water. i also had a brand new air compressor in there. oh yeah, in the livewell that i wanted to use, i left plug in top so boat was soaked. Catching no fish, for the hell of it I decided to try to start the boat. it fires up! my bro reels in his line and jumps in. we take it for a spin to charge the battery up. go to yellowbar, drift the shore working plastics, nothing. drifting close to a rock jump in seat to start boat, wont start. turning key and not letting go, it starts. my bro says its the starter, im no good with engines. fished around yellow bar, no action. i looked over at my seat cushion, WTF! 5 rips along the whole bench seating. finally figured out it was a hook under my bros bag. Well, after a long day of no fish and a bunch of problems, time to go home. drive my bro to the dock, waiting for him to bring the truck and trailer, call comes in through my cell. Truck battery dead! some guy gives us jump and goes back to the other end of the parking lot. sitting there for a few minutes i think the battery is good to go so i let go of the gas, truck dies. Call the guy back over to jump us again. after 5 minutes truck finally stays on. hook boat up and make it home in the dark. turn truck and lights off, get out of truck, WTF! lights still on! couldnt figure it out, had to unhook battery cable.
    Better luck next time... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fishing 026.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	30481

Wow that just sounds like one horrible day! Mishap after mishap!

I hate those trips!

Before you go and buy a starter. Double check the condition of your batt. Cables, tightness of connections, and verify everything is corrosion free. Hopefully its just a loose terminal.

When it rains is pours... We've all heard the saying and have all had it happen to us.

All you can do now is fix the problems and get back out there!

Getting passed the bad days makes the good days out on the water even better!

It sound like you went true hell and back.
    Hey,always remmember " bad day fishing,beats work"
    GOOD LUCK NEXT TIME.

I honestly feel ur pain. I've done just about all there is to do wrong when it comes to boating. I'm a relatively new boat owner and have had days just like that. Dead battery, launched with straps on boat, launched without plug in boat, forgot to raise the motor after getting the boat on the trailer (that one hurt). Among a multitude of other things. Just know when it rains, it pours. At least u tried to make the best out of a bad situation.

Quote Originally Posted by TROUT MASTERS View Post
    AMEN to that!

checked the battery everything was good. hooked the hose up, boat ran great. I think the motor has to be hot for the problem to occur? guess ill find out next trip. thx

Quote Originally Posted by Simply_P View Post
    I honestly feel ur pain. I've done just about all there is to do wrong when it comes to boating. I'm a relatively new boat owner and have had days just like that. Dead battery, launched with straps on boat, launched without plug in boat, forgot to raise the motor after getting the boat on the trailer (that one hurt). Among a multitude of other things. Just know when it rains, it pours. At least u tried to make the best out of a bad situation.
    yeah, this is my first boat, I bought it 2 weeks ago? the same day as striperfest. thats why i didnt make it up there that day. cant wait for the next one! yeah, i bet forgetting to raise the motor hurt. hope i dont deal with that one anytime soon. ouch!

Quote Originally Posted by TROUT MASTERS View Post
    It sound like you went true hell and back.
    GOOD LUCK NEXT TIME.
    True that!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast