Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: El Dorado 5-8-11

Default El Dorado 5-8-11

Went down to El Dorado for some mothers day fishing. I got there as soon as the park opened and my buddy and I were the only ones there for the first half of the day. The wind was chilly but the water was surprisingly warm. So far I have been doing good at El Do but that was not the case this time.

The only thing I was able to hook was myself

I was standing with my rod leaning on my shoulder. There was about two feet of line hanging out with a wacky rig worm at about face level. I was looking at a popper that I was holding, thinking if I should tie it on or not. I lean back a bit and the worm sways into my face and kind of fluttered.

I panicked thinking I was being attacked by some kind of devil bug and react, trying to scare it away. As I reacted, i drove the hook into my skin right under my nail. Then I turn around and the devil bug turned into my worm

I didnt know whether to laugh or get mad at myself for having a brain fart.

All in all it was a good peaceful day.

Sorry to hear you hooked yourself, glad u r ok.

El Dorado and the other local City lakes can certainly be tougher during these cold fronts.

Thanks for the report.

b