Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: apollo park 4/7

Default apollo park 4/7

Grandfather asked me thursday night about a derby there and i told him it was a jr one but that we could go after it was over. So saturday rolled around and we left about eleven. baited up and started fishing immediately, threw power bait and cheese. We were there 15-20 mins then grandpa rod goes off but the fish broke the line. soon after us getting there a guy brought in a 5lb trout i helped him by using my net, then some guy throwing a kastmaster who couldnt cast strait kept crossing us up. about 45-1hr a guy fishing a kastmaster i think catches a fish right next to us, another 5lber. He throws it out again and another 5lber, luckily by this time the guy who couldnt cast strait was gone because more and more people kept coming to fish next to us. about an 1hr and ten mins into trip i get a big hit but the fish gets off somehow even though i was using a treble hook chartreuse powerbait and orange glittery cheese. about 2hr into the trip we move a little further down the lake because there wasnt as much fishing pressure, and i had went to kinda scout that place out ten mins before we officially moved and saw trout after trout swim right infront of the bank. after moving we casted one pole with power bait and nightcrawler on it somewhat far out, then we kept using kastmasters. Fish after fish would swim by us on the bank but no matter what we did they would just keep on swimming. about 20 or 30mins after moving guys that were fishing right next to us at our last spot moved right next to us and started catching fish using similar stuff to what we were using. we were getting frustrated being about 3 hrs into to the trip with us zero fish 2 and all the guys on either side of us limit. so we switched spots again with me going first then my grandpa coming a few mins later. By this time it was super windy and we were fishing against the wind and the third spot we chose which was a point. still nada, so we move to the smallest lake Because we had been fishing on the biggest lake the whole time. Saw a big pipe where it looked like water poors out of it and saw a big trout about 5 or 6lbs just sitting there, but since i went there without telling my grandpa i had to run back and tell him in which case when we came back the fish was gone. went to that bridge where the biggest and second biggest lake meet fished there with some bait and kastmasters with nothing. So we decided to head home. covered all the spots on the biggest lake several spots on the smallest lake and on or two spots on the second biggest lake with nothing to show for it. We threw kastmasters different colored cheeses different colored powerbait earthworms different trout lures switched spots several times and nothing. thinking about going next saturday if we dont head up the aqueduct. We were also using 4 6 and 8lb test. And we ended up leaving around 6:00.
    Last edited by fish-o-haulic; 05-08-2011 at 03:55 PM.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

That's why I don't fish for trout. There are too many anglers and not enough fish. Sounds like you had a nice day out either way; unlike me who's only doing internet fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    That's why I don't fish for trout. There are too many anglers and not enough fish. Sounds like you had a nice day out either way; unlike me who's only doing internet fishing.
    I generally dont fish for trout either. The only way i will is if there over 3lbs or because the closest places to fish in my area are mainly trout and catfish lakes but mainly trout lakes. Except for the duct that i fish just about every week. I havent really had time to go to bigger lakes like pyramid or castaic for big catfish or stripers. So i only got to the places that are within ten or fifteen mins of where i live, and thats the duct and apollo park since i dont have a fin and feather club membership. I mainly go to apollo because i dont always feel like being skunked at the duct and apollo trout are worth it because its free the trout are normally five lbs. and you at least Know theres fish in the lake.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    I generally dont fish for trout either. The only way i will is if there over 3lbs or because the closest places to fish in my area are mainly trout and catfish lakes but mainly trout lakes. Except for the duct that i fish just about every week. I havent really had time to go to bigger lakes like pyramid or castaic for big catfish or stripers. So i only got to the places that are within ten or fifteen mins of where i live, and thats the duct and apollo park since i dont have a fin and feather club membership. I mainly go to apollo because i dont always feel like being skunked at the duct and apollo trout are worth it because its free the trout are normally five lbs. and you at least Know theres fish in the lake.
    True, seeing fish in the water is a good enough reason to pursue them.