Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big brownies on the white river, ar

Nice trip! I've always wanted to go there since I was a kid and was reading up on Rip Collins catching that world record on a mini-jig....

Epic! Those pics are just what I needed to inspire me for the summer trout season. Great Job!

Looks like lots of fun! thats a dream trip fersure! Thanks for the report! what kind of baits were u using on the first daY?

Drew
    [IMG]http://i968.photobucket.com/albums/ae166/Trout1994/DrewbaitWHITE-1.jpg[/IMG]

Wow, simply awesome!

Great to see the White is still growing big fish. You really brought back some great memories. Did you mainly fish the upper end towards the Bull Shoals Dam. The White River is one of our countries best trout fisheries. I fished it several times a year for 13 years. Is White Water Slim still guiding? As I told you before, stay away from him. He's a bait and wait guide.
    Glad you had a trip of a life time. The next time you go, and you will, will be as good or better than the first time.
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by NFCD I View Post
    Great to see the White is still growing big fish. You really brought back some great memories. Did you mainly fish the upper end towards the Bull Shoals Dam. The White River is one of our countries best trout fisheries. I fished it several times a year for 13 years. Is White Water Slim still guiding? As I told you before, stay away from him. He's a bait and wait guide.
    Glad you had a trip of a life time. The next time you go, and you will, will be as good or better than the first time.
    Dale
    thanks again dale, glad you dug it....yeah, we fished around the roundhouse shoals marina...the river is still producing some big feesh 20+, but we were limited on the river due to the high winds...couldnt hit the "reel" good spots...still got some pigs tho, and a few pbs. lol. ill be back for sure!!!! White Water Slim passed a few years ago...sorry to hear, but my guide basically agreed with everything you said. thanks again

@ Drew- we were using minnows

lets roll there's some cudas that are pushing 10 right now. boat is serviced and ready to roll

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12