Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delta August 4th Bassing

Default The Delta Rules

Kirk,

You guessed exactly what has been in the back of my head-17.5 pounds. And it's a two day event so 35 should win it and your probably right around the top top with 25. Some guys have mentioned 40 pounds, but that aint gonna happen. The pressure is going to get to the fish with all those boats. It'll be like trying to fish Frank's Tract after a WON or FLW tournament. But maybe not if we can get away with stitching some nightcrawlers or soaking some shad...

Why the Delta Rocks:

Reason #27-No underspins
    Reason #28-No drop shotting on 4# test

Your right about the 2 days I was just saying per day what I was thinking you needed, I should of said that, and if your hearing 40lbs I'm not buying into that. I think your right that Place is going to get NAILED that whole week with guys from out of town prefishing.

Then you add all the boats that are there anyways and you have close mouth LMB's. You also know what happens

This is trny fishing so the guys that get on them good on the 1st day will end up with about 1/2 of the weight on day 2, This is were you guys that KNOW the Lake WILL Shine.

You will be able to go back out on day 2 and put the same weight in the bag or something Close, the out of town guys will end up with 1/2 at best because they will sit on the same water to long on day 1 and burn up there keeper fish to just try and add a few oz / lbs

Now I may be way off base here but I don't think so and time will tell

I think I'm going to have to Spend some time on that lake next month, due to the fact that the way my luck is ( you know the saying if I didn't have bad luck I would have no lack at all ) I will get a boater that has never been on the lake and didn't have time to prefish at all or just the day before and he got on a few and thinks he has it wired

LOL you know what I'm saying

And Good Luck out there I hope 1 of the boys form Region 7 takes it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I like the reason for way the Detla Rocks, Here is a few more

Reason #30 Power fishing
    Reason #31 No NEED to fish deeper then 20'
    Reason #32 NO SPEED LIMIT
    Reason #33 Its Bigger then my Bath Tub :twisted:

Nice catch and great report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12