Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta August 4th Bassing

Default Delta August 4th Bassing

This is my first NorCal post. Went out on the Delta Saturday morning (the 4th) for 6 hours. Weather was nice. Went into Franks Tract. Caught a lot of small bass. Biggest two were over 6 pounds. Most of the fish came drop shotting, including the big ones. Also threw frogs, senkos, and swimbaits. Did get one on a 6" paddletail. Now it's back to Castaic and Casitas. I wish I lived closer to the Delta, it's my favorite 'lake' in northern California.

Lunker

very nice catch! :thumb:

I'm so jealous! Very nice fish. As of now, I could only dream to fish the Delta and Clear Lake. I would love to fish frogs, buzz baits, flip and use other heavier beefed-up tactics for bass. This finesse fishing we have down here sucks at times. I hate dropshotting!

What was your weight for the wild card?? I didn't get to see you weight in but Nice job I guess you must of won it

nice bass! wtg
    why are the tail fins different on these lmb?

That bass was a little beat up and her tail was a lil shredded. Still an awesome fish. They fight so hard living in that Delta. Way tougher than our lazy SoCal bass.

Quote Originally Posted by basscaptain
    What was your weight for the wild card?? I didn't get to see you weight in but Nice job I guess you must of won it
    I'm guessing you are referring to the TBF wild card for the Castaic Classic right?

Yes, Sinjin Kim

Lunker, I had a feeling you had it the way you sandbag till the last to weight in 8) Good Job I had a feeling someone would get something nice, it was alot better 2 weeks before for me but thats life/ fishing, The nice thing for you is you get your boat now :thumb:

You're right, I guess I did sandbag it. I really wanted that boater position and was paying more attention to everyone else's bags than my own. That's gonna be an awesome tournament in October. What do you think it'll take for a win and to make the top ten?

when I walked by you with my nonboater and you were getting in your livewell and asking scott about the 13" size I told my nonboater you had a good sack and I was thinking you had won it.

Man as far as Castaic goes I should be asking you the ??'s I have only fished that lake 4 times in my life :roll: 1 time 3 years ago and I prefished 2 times for the region 7 trny and then the trny, AND I GOT MY *** HANDED TO ME :evil:

I would think its going to take 17.5lbs to win and maybe 12.5 lbs to be in the top 10 ( this may be low by a few pounds but I was way high for the detla)

I would think that they will be on the feed bag for sure, so I'm sure the guys that know how to use tail spins and spoons will be doing allright, me for 1 cann't fish those baits for sh-t so I guess I'll be sleeping in the back seat in 40-60 ft of water :shock:

Kirk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast