Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Crowley Lake

Quote Originally Posted by phishin phool View Post
    STS, I fell into the thing I try to avoid on here........ be a negative knuckehead, I always try and be positive on here and STS's post rubbed me the wrong way, we are all people on here who share the same love of this wonderful sport and area, so to all offended, I apoligize. Peace and Great Phishin to all!!!
    Fair enough brother, ditto; tight lines.

Quote Originally Posted by t-bone View Post
    i didnt have any problems.. i had my limit by 9 AM and culled fish till 4 pm.. i would say between me and my buddy we caught 25 fish saturday smallest 2 lb.. with a nice 3 lb brown
    What a dipstick! Anybody tell you that culling is against the law. You were done fishing at 0900 when you caught your limit. That means you stop fishing when you have a limit...not keep catching and try to get a bigger limit. Might as well been tossing them into an ice chest and stashing them in your car like the rest of the dipsticks!

I have a 10 year old son who's been tubing for 3 years. I wouldn't take him there just because most of the guides that service that lake are such Douchbags. They think they own the lake, fish and everything in or around it. Its hard to disargee with a guy in a huge boat when your floating around in a little tube.

I pay close attention to who gets my money up there. I'll come right out and say that The Trout Fly doesn't see my money..

I've fished that lake since the 80's...a lot of Double Haul in the Fall shin digs that WON put on too. The guides ruined that lake for me. They have no class at all.
    Last edited by golfish; 08-29-2012 at 05:10 PM.

Try Sierra Drifters as they are "World Class", I would not use anyone else. I have never had a guide service work harder or teach me more than these guys. www.sierradrifters.com

Viejo, I have no problem with your last post...couldn't agree more. I'm having a hard time with my stupid PC. I think my daughter has been on it :)

DEVOREFLYER, sorry, those guys are on my list as well. I don't need a guide, I just need them to stay out of my way and not try and push me out. IMO, Tom's the worst of them all.
    Last edited by golfish; 08-29-2012 at 05:25 PM.

Wow, go on a year old thread o hate. I wish i could be a guide and fish for a living. never ha them bother me a bit, in fact i have had a few give me some free fishing advice. MORE POWER TO THE FISHING GUIDES.

I have never used Tom and have no opinion. My go to guy is Phil Therrien and he contracts thru Sierra Drifters. Over 30 years of using guides in many different states and seasons I have to say that Phil is the most humble, knowledgeable and professional guide I have ever used. I use Phil on my first day on every trip to Crowley to get in the groove. Drift fishing in the winter on the lower Owens with Phil has always been a memorable trip. http://sierradrifters.com/phil-therrien

ps: Guides are not paid for their bedside manor by anyone but their clients. It's not just some guides that be INVASIVE to others that also fish the waters. Our local waters are some of the worst.

There's all manner of guides, especially on Crowley. You should hear them bicker at each other, on and off the water.

Not a long time Lake Crowley buff, in fact I fished it for the first times this July. Algae was kinda thick, but we still nailed some 'bows, one of which went 4.5#. There were a couple guide boats on the water, and they didn't charge at us or become aggressive. Some of the talk here makes ya think they were grizzlies or Kodiaks. Will I fish it again? Absolutely. My ONLY complaint is that the Lake can go from "Walden Pond" glasswater to "Victory At Sea" Perfect Storm conditions in about 2'15" flat. And did. That wind is DOGMATIC.

Nov. 15, 2012

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast