Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hook remover

I saw these out at Corona Lake last time I was there, and they look like they would be quite effective, maybe even causing less stress on a fish than the "traditional" double-ended red thing that so many of us carry. The price point of $10.00 for a three-pack (comparatively priced as a single) is too high when you can get the traditional device for a buck in most places. They are nice looking devices, though, and feel good in your hand. They appear to have no sharp edges and look to be quite servicable.
    No one should be using a hook remover on a fish that is to be released. Shoving anything down a fish's gullet will likely kill it and not quickly, to be sure. If you are going to eat the fish, then it really doesn't matter how you remove the hook, if you even remove it at all. If your plan is to C&R, you should be using artificials with barbless hooks and releasing fish that are hooked in the lip or mouth. Using Power Bait or worms to catch and release trout is so foolish and a huge reason that the big PAT players do not allow the practice.

Quote Originally Posted by phishin phool View Post
    bass are disgusting. Trout are way better!:)
    LMAO

FW is like crawling before you learn to walk.
    When you go home with sore arms you'll learn.

DR

I have a hook remover called a disgorger that I much prefer to the Fishing Legends. The line slides into a little slit that holds it, and it totally grabs the hook and takes it out. It comes in different sizes.

If the fish is gut hooked I think the best you can do is cut the line as close as you can.

http://www.farmandfleet.com/products...ource=googleps

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	474119-hook_disgorger.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	30311  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12