Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO: Surfer interferes with fishermen at HB pier.

it breaks my heart to see the waste of any fish, or the taking of huge quantities of anything from the sea. its seems theres two sides of angling; those who actually pay dues, take care of the environment, and practice catch and release, and those who rape the environment, litter, take everything they catch regardless of size or species, and make other anglers look bad in the process.
    gotta hand it to the surfer, hes just trying to preserve his water. though unlawful, GD put it in a good way. just because you can keep catches doesnt mean you should or have to.

Nick

so you are saying that anyone taking any fish is raping the environment?

-bb

Quote Originally Posted by blackberg View Post
    so you are saying that anyone taking any fish is raping the environment?

-bb
    He NOT saying that at all....Ive been fishing well over 30 years..and ive seen first hand people "raping" our environment..you can go to NP or any public pier at any given time, and find short bass, halibut, over limits, etc in their buckets.....thats raping the environment...

GD

Alot of pier fishermen sell mackerel. Pacific chub mackerel are actually a highly-desired fish known in japan as- "Sabazushi"

If you get a commercial license, you can catch a bunch of mackerel and legally sell it to resturants.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    Alot of pier fishermen sell mackerel. Pacific chub mackerel are actually a highly-desired fish known in japan as- "Sabazushi"

If you get a commercial license, you can catch a bunch of mackerel and legally sell it to resturants.
    where did "mackeral" come in bro??

lol

GD

Quote Originally Posted by n1ckxlam View Post
    its seems theres two sides of angling; those who actually pay dues, take care of the environment, and practice catch and release, and those who rape the environment
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    He NOT saying that at all....Ive been fishing well over 30 years..and ive seen first hand people "raping" our environment..you can go to NP or any public pier at any given time, and find short bass, halibut, over limits, etc in their buckets.....thats raping the environment...

GD
    Well he is lumping everyone on one of two sides by his comment.

I have been going fishing for 30 years too, and have seen that as well. I have DFG on my cell to report poachers.

Just hate the elitest attitudes of some fishermen.
    -bb

no one has an "elitest" attitude bro......he was just stating his opinion, as well as what i have done....

nick in NO WAY an "elitest" person.....just another person that cares about our fishery, like myself...

GD

Quote Originally Posted by n1ckxlam View Post
    its seems theres two sides of angling; those who... practice catch and release, and those who rape the environment,...

Nick
    I dont know if it came out wrong, but I call it like I see it
    -bb

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad View Post
    where did "mackeral" come in bro??

lol

GD
    In a female mackerel.

Lol!

It was related to your "raping" comment.

Quote Originally Posted by blackberg View Post
    I dont know if it came out wrong, but I call it like I see it
    -bb
    mm i figured this would happen. bb, I didnt say two TYPES of anglers, I said two SIDES of angling. Much like two sides of politics, left wing right wing, democrat republican [generally speaking].

There is a lot of room inbetween, its not just one or the other. I keep fish too, not often or much, but I do.
    BB, im a reasonable guy and take care with my words. You can think what you want about my comment, but no, i dont think that if you keep fish that you rape the environment. In general people flow in the middle, but there are those who are on the extremes.

Nick

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast