Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Bullfrog fishing at Harbor Park.

Quote Originally Posted by troutking View Post
    LMFAO.....its a frog.....collectors do this all the time with trop fish and what about zoos!!! HAHAHAHA
    lol yea ya super lame i know but what the other dude said is correct hardly any animals are caught wild and taken to zooz almost all were born in other zooz or were injured and are unable to to survive in the wild.

LMFAO.....its a frog.....collectors do this all the time with trop fish and what about zoos!!! HAHAHAHA
    Also, I hadn't bothered to mention it.. but just because its a frog, doesn't mean it's worthless and not a precious life. Its attitudes like yours that wiped out the Carolina Parakeet, and the passenger pigeon.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    Also, I hadn't bothered to mention it.. but just because its a frog, doesn't mean it's worthless and not a precious life. Its attitudes like yours that wiped out the Carolina Parakeet, and the passenger pigeon.
    Ur analogy does not make any sense...bull frogs are bred in captivity to be eaten, they arent going to go extinct over one frog lol.....n parakeets and pigeons are different theyre birds not some slimy old frog...Do uno how fast frogs reproduce,theyre nuisances in places...cant believe ur a fisherman...most be a strictly bass guy :)
    Last edited by troutking; 05-10-2011 at 09:44 PM.

Ur analogy does not make any sense...bull frogs are bred in captivity to be eaten, they arent going to go extinct over one frog lol.....n parakeets and pigeons are different theyre birds not some slimy old frog...Do uno how fast frogs reproduce,theyre nuisances in places
    i can actually relate to that. My grandparents have a retention basin next to there house that the city nor the homeowners asscociation will take responsibility to drain. So every year around the same time of year for ten years thousand close to millions of these tiny frogs plague the neighborhood. they end up all over the grass and you cant step anywhere in the grass without stepping on one. if you leave your garage door open just long enough to park your car you have several of them already hopping in the garage. And dont even think about leaving your front door open to your house unless you want several unwanted visitors. These frogs will not go extinct unless all flies are swatted and all the water in the world is gone.
    If your too busy to go fishin; YOUR TOO BUSY!!!!!!

Ok PETA Hippies, I understand the sanctity of the lives of animals, especially those that are endangered or close to being, but this is hardly the case with the bullfrog at Machado Lake in Harbor Park. Kudos to you anyway for showing concern. But you don't have to worry about the bullfrog population at Machado Lake. Here's an excerpt taken from a newspaper article regarding bullfrogs at the lake:

"In and around the lake, the bullfrog population has exploded, Reed said, noting that there are literally "tens of thousands" of them. The water snakes they trapped and bagged often would regurgitate huge bullfrogs and tadpoles, Reed said."

"None of the frogs they saw were native to California, he said."

Here's the entire article: http://www.dailybreeze.com/news/ci_16173511?source=rss

Another source citing the incredible number of bullfrogs at the Machado Lake: http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/...php?f=2&t=2507
    Last edited by Surfer; 05-10-2011 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fish-o-haulic View Post
    i can actually relate to that. My grandparents have a retention basin next to there house that the city nor the homeowners asscociation will take responsibility to drain. So every year around the same time of year for ten years thousand close to millions of these tiny frogs plague the neighborhood. they end up all over the grass and you cant step anywhere in the grass without stepping on one. if you leave your garage door open just long enough to park your car you have several of them already hopping in the garage. And dont even think about leaving your front door open to your house unless you want several unwanted visitors. These frogs will not go extinct unless all flies are swatted and all the water in the world is gone.
    Man that's a lot of frog legs for the fryer.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345