Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bullfrog fishing at Harbor Park.

mini bass jigs.
    Got one last year at Fairmount. Never thought he would go for it. Waved it near him and it was on. Felt bad afterward. You don't wanna hook a frog you might keep as a pet. Or rather, you might end up having to keep and nurse a frog you hooked. lol

um i dont know if you have your heart set on catching one or you just want one in general but the pet shop near my house sells bullfrog tadpoles for like $1.50. im kinda a animal lover and i just think it would be kinda f'ed up to kidnap one out of the wild and put him in a tiny lil tank to serve a life sentence with out the possibility of parole.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    um i dont know if you have your heart set on catching one or you just want one in general but the pet shop near my house sells bullfrog tadpoles for like $1.50. im kinda a animal lover and i just think it would be kinda f'ed up to kidnap one out of the wild and put him in a tiny lil tank to serve a life sentence with out the possibility of parole.
    LMFAO.....its a frog.....collectors do this all the time with trop fish and what about zoos!!! HAHAHAHA
    Last edited by troutking; 05-05-2011 at 03:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by troutking View Post
    LMFAO.....its a frog.....collectors do this all the time with trop fish and what about zoos!!! HAHAHAHA
    Most animals acquired by zoos are generally captive-bred specimens or injured animals that cannot survive in the wild, or species illegal to own in the state seized from people.

It is true that alot of fish purchased at pet stores are taken from the wild, though..

Sorry no full tank shots yet as I haven't had the time to decorate it yet. But here's the frog:

Cool frog. What have you been feeding it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ifishtoolittle View Post
    Cool frog. What have you been feeding it?
    Nightcrawlers, crickets, and minnows.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    Nightcrawlers, crickets, and minnows.
    Sounds like this thing is going to be expensive to keep.

Cool pic but I hope your tank is large enough because it'd be pretty cruel to have this large frog in a small tank. It might be big enough for fish but small for the size of this frog. Does he have a name???

You're going to need UVa/b lighting for this guy.

other than that, bullfrogs are fairly sedentary, and would rather just sit and bask. A basking light is another necessity, as these frogs need a warm spot to properly digest their food. A GREAT food for bullfrogs is pinkie mice.

They dont even need to be live, just dangle one with some tongs, and he'll snatch it.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast