Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bullfrog fishing at Harbor Park.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    Hey Surfer, You should try the drainage swamp on Ocean ave between Hawthorne and Anza & PCH and Lomita.
    We used to go in there for giant frogs and tadpoles the size of golfballs. Go Ninga at sunset weekday time, 1 fence.

Also one in Wilmington next to Ecology Auto Wrecking on Wilmington Blvd between PCH and Lomita Blvd.
    DR
    That's a big swamp DR, U ever catch any fish in there?

b

Never fished one. You should try the Wilmington Drain that flows into Harbor Park.
    Take PCH Turn on Dodge Ave before Harbor Park. Go to the end, park and take the trail down to the river/creek.
    Nice and remote down in there, less chance of running into the gay guys meeting from Craigslist.

Occasionally some homeless, tweekers, gangst'a down there so bring weapons and a friend.
    DR

This is a cool thread. I would LOVE to see pics of your rockin bullfrog. And I mean that in a very NON sexual way. Is it a big one? Those can get quite big. I was fishing a golf course one time and saw one the size of a volleyball NO SH**.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    This is a cool thread. I would LOVE to see pics of your rockin bullfrog. And I mean that in a very NON sexual way. Is it a big one? Those can get quite big. I was fishing a golf course one time and saw one the size of a volleyball NO SH**.
    Here u go,

Dood that is coool!

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Here u go,

DR

Quote Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
    I wasn't sure where to post this but since it involves a city park lake I posted it here.

A buddy of mine hooked me up with a good sized tank. I already have a tank full of fish so I wanted to do something a little different a put a bullfrog in it. Harbor Park Lake is pretty much infested with bullfrogs. Sometimes I see people spearing them to take them home and eat them. I want to keep one as a pet so I don't want to hurt it and skin contact with that water is totally out of the question so I was thinking about trying to hook one with hook and line. Anyone ever try this.
    I have done it before. I was on the east coast fishing some pond near my Grandfather's place when i got one. I told my friend watch this frog eat my plastic worm. He said no it will not is i cast it in front of him a move a few time and it jump and put the whole worm in it's month. Here is a picture of the frog on the hook.
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/att...0&d=1267341691

howd it go? see any other fish there?

Quote Originally Posted by bman90278 View Post
    Here u go,
    thats a cane toad DUH

Quote Originally Posted by troutking View Post
    thats a cane toad DUH
    Nope, thats an african bullfrog. related to pacman frogs.

THIS is a cane toad.
    Last edited by smokehound; 05-03-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast