Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Harbor Lake?

Default Harbor Lake?

Does anyone here fish Harbor Lake in the Ken Malloy Regional Park? It's the lake where they caught that alligator a couple years ago. I googled it but couldn't find any fishing reports. I was wondering if it has bass in it

I never have fished there even though I live in Redondo Beach. I've seen some reports on another forum showing there are still some bass in the lake. If you go there, just wear some rubber gloves, fishing boots, and fish during the day time hours. There are lots of leaches, 1000's of water snakes, contaniments (DDT), etc.

B

Quote Originally Posted by -mike View Post
    Does anyone here fish Harbor Lake in the Ken Malloy Regional Park? It's the lake where they caught that alligator a couple years ago. I googled it but couldn't find any fishing reports. I was wondering if it has bass in it
    The lak has a small number of bass and catfish and some bluegill
    it has a large population of Goldfish
    while i would not eat any fish from the lake it is fun to fish
    use doughballs around the reeds and the docks to catch goldfish..some 10-12"

I personally have never fished there but I do know that the lake/park isn't very clean. Besides finding Reggie the Alligator there I do know there was drug and prostitution activity going on in that park. Like bman90278 said earlier if you're gonna fish there wear some gloves...amen to that!!!

I wouldn't even bother to go there, but if you do, watch where you bend over.....

Quote Originally Posted by dfisher View Post
    i wouldn't even bother to go there, but if you do, watch where you bend over.....
    lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I stopped by Harbor Lake today before my appointment at Kaiser and didn't notice anything but mosquito fish, turtles, and bullfrogs.

Haha! I'll be sure to bring some cash for hookers and drugs

Quote Originally Posted by -mike View Post
    Haha! I'll be sure to bring some cash for hookers and drugs
    It was busted for Guys hooking up on Craigslist and packing fudge in the bushes.
    No Hookers there. Lots of Homeless too.

DR