Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: April Farmfest Report

Default April Farmfest Report

To those of you who made it to this epic event you know how great it was. To those of you who missed it you sure missed a blast. First off, I would like to thank Hitts for setting this up and Troutdog for helping run this epic outing smoothly. The food as with all outings that Team 57 is a part of was unbeleviable. Friday night had Bobber Boy in action with his bacon wrapped buffalo chicken fatty and chipotle lime marinated flank steak. No one was dissapointed. WOW! Before we knew it with all of the fun and food and friendly harrassment it was time to crash for maybe 2 hours of shut eye before the gates would open. The fishing was slow for me from my kayak. The fish seemed to be down a little to deep for me to get my lures down to them without leadcore but I did break the skunk in the afternoon with one 2# from shore. Breakfast on the water was provided by Big Daddy with the most amazing breakfast that I could ever imagine eating from a kayak. Blueberry pancakes, eggs, and country ham. WOW! That hit the spot. The day was slow for most of us but many still got on the fish. Tapersteve landed a well deserved 1st place fish of 5#+, Big Daddy was 2nd with a 4#+ fish and Josh right behind for 3rd with a 4#+ fish. Nicely done boys. With fishing over more great food was waiting for us. Big Daddy and some amazing pulled pork sandwiches and Bobber Boy with a stellar tritip. Everyone else filled in the gaps and all was good. Thank you to all for the awesome food and extra props to Big Daddy and Bobber Boy. To all those that donated to the raffle thank you. The list is too long and my memory still blurred but I know that we had a nice custom rod from Bebop that I think Troutdog took home. Some goodies from Anglerbros. and also some discount coupons for the Tradition from Jackpot Jimmy. Also given away were lure packs, sunglasses Rod Hoggs and other goodies. All in all another spectacular outing! Thanks to all that participated and to all the hard work put in by Hittson and Troutdog. And it all came together because everyone helped out with what was needed to make another great trip to the Vine! Sorry I didn't take any pics. but others did and I'm sure they will have there own post or add to mine when they get a chance.
    Last edited by 5150fishn; 04-25-2011 at 09:58 AM.

glad you got out brother...i was supposed to go, but as usual, some "sh**" came up, and i couldnt make it....

sounds like you all had a great time

GD

I had a great time , glad I went . Nice to see old friends and meet new ones. The food was great . Thanks Hitts & Troutdog for putting this event on.

Def good times hanging out with ya'll as always! Thanx for posting!

TS

Great time.
    We need to figure out a way to slow the clock down, so we have more time to hang out and party.
    Thanks to the sponsors for the goodies and thanks to everyone for the food.

A BIG thanks to Big Daddy. His floating cafe is the BOMB!!!!!

I had a great time thanks to all espeacialy Hitts and Trout Dog also Big Daddy and Bobber Boy for the great grub also every on who helped out with something.My brother is all ready asking me when will we be Hitting up the next event He told me to Thank all for such a great time.Im sure Dana was smileing from above and proud of all who made this such a great event>

Thanks again to all our helpers and sponsors who pitched in and helped out!!

Quote Originally Posted by See Chris Fish View Post
    Great time.
    We need to figure out a way to slow the clock down, so we have more time to hang out and party.
    Thanks to the sponsors for the goodies and thanks to everyone for the food.

A BIG thanks to Big Daddy. His floating cafe is the BOMB!!!!!
    I wish we could slow down the clock. LOL How is it past 2:00 a.m. already! Good times!!!

hey tapersteve.can you tell me when they stop stocking trout at irvine please.i need to get back out there before time runs out.thank you

Great report Dan, thanks for coming out and making it another great Team57 gathering....get ready for kitty season!

TD